Strip dragger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this. It’s so interesting to see bicycles from around the world, how they differ, and how they do not.

Is that infill plating between the skinny tubes something from the factory, or later added to the bike?
I bondo'ed/bog'ed between the rails years ago and the infill on the seat clamp as the post has bonded with the seat tube for eternity, and yup different bikes for different parts of the world, in NZ here we had a good few bike manufacturers healing, Morrison, reiker and Avanti would be the main ones, reiker still exists and was and is the main supplier to NZ post, the main style of bike back in the day were road bikes, basic mtb, bmx and similar bikes to the Raleigh 20's,imports from migrants were mostly English bikes like BSA's Raleigh, and hurcules, euro bikes like Peugeot puch and the odd Italian exotic, mind you there's also a lot of old cannondales and Gary fishers around but hardly any old us balloon tyre bikes

Last edited:
So I swapped the blue fork for a slightly longer and more curved fork and put on the street bar for the street mock up put on the billit aluminium grips and put on the banana seat and I must say I'm liking what I see and most likely go with the wild street look and found a nice fat rear tyre to put on, pictures soon to follow

Yer I like this last mockup the best, the second drop bar mockup is cool too but not for this build I think but at the end of the day it's as simple as swaping the bars
IMG_20220525_174514.jpg
IMG_20220525_174448.jpg
IMG_20220525_174401.jpg
IMG_20220525_174321.jpg
IMG_20220525_174231.jpg
IMG_20220525_174142.jpg
IMG_20220525_164650.jpg

THAT is distinctive!
Yes sir indeed,the bars make the difference,if they were just standard apes it wouldn't be the same,the straight bar along the top gives it a street tough look rather than chopper look if that makes sense,I think the bars need to be pulled back a bit

Yes sir indeed,the bars make the difference,if they were just standard apes it wouldn't be the same,the straight bar along the top gives it a street tough look rather than chopper look if that makes sense,I think the bars need to be pulled back a bit
Cool looking bike so far.. Keep up the great progress. RaToN.....

they were given to me like that, home made they are slightly skewed, the straight bar has been welded together in the center as seen in the forth picture

Ahh, yes, I see the center weld now... must've missed that photo.

Do you still have those bars I made some years ago for Glendular Fever?

These ones...

13_Bars.jpg

Glen.

Started with the partial strip down so removed fork/stem/bar and bearing cups, back wheel seat/sissy bar
Crank is cotter pin and I do have crank for it but who knows where that is so gona pull bb off and see about putt square taper axle/bb unit on, just have to see what thread pattern it has
IMG_20220527_200416.jpg

Latest posts

Back