Strip dragger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress, painted bolt heads, new dome nuts fake cable routing
IMG_20220819_183736.jpg
IMG_20220819_183744.jpg
IMG_20220819_183824.jpg
IMG_20220818_210706.jpg
IMG_20220818_205041.jpg

Faux springs work for a good look on a custom fork. My One-Liner build from a few years back.... a woman's Spaceliner garden bike and I used a TRM Conversion Tank on here as well. Fun build!

Bring 'er across the Finished line, EC~!

finalphoto1.jpg

Faux springs work for a good look on a custom fork. My One-Liner build from a few years back.... a woman's Spaceliner garden bike and I used a TRM Conversion Tank on here as well. Fun build!

Bring 'er across the Finished line, EC~!

View attachment 205568
I was thinking something like this but on a smaller scale, I have a couple of bolts with springs and end caps on them, they are only around 5 inches long, I will probably find brackets to bolt around the fork tube and I have some right angle brackets the spring/bolt will attach to the middle hole on the rocker arm, then use a strip disk on the front wheel, paint it and put on the chain and then mostly done, I would prefer a smaller kids size crank rather than the adult size one, I'm sure I have one somewhere but the focus is getting it done before I tinker

Great progress of getting ths bad boy together.
Looking forward to your fork idea.

Looking forward to this fork. Cool work.

So I was struggling to find a clamp to attach the fake spring to the fork, the clamps I got didn't work, I spent a couple of hours getting stressed at what I could use and as I was closing the garage door I saw the double reflectors on a budget full susser frame and I was like"yyyuuuusss... ***********.. Yes"in my colourfull vocabulary, perfect brackets to use, now I just need to put on the stand
IMG_20220901_093139.jpg
IMG_20220901_093111.jpg

Are those going to support the weight though? They look like the angle will collapse once you put any weight on the bike.

Something like a corner brace along with an angle bracket may be a solution.

1662046489250.png

Something like a corner brace along with an angle bracket may be a solution.

View attachment 207261
All ready tested and holds up well, the bolts holding the rocker arm to the fork ends are super tight they didn't even move with out the spring and bracket when I put weight on it, the brackets although look thin are surprisingly strong, I think it's all good with the angle it's sitting at I don't think there's much force trying to push the wheel backwards

Latest posts

Back