Strip dragger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the stance of this bike. That retro pic for your daughter is awesome!
I like the shorty drag bars.

Love the stance of this bike. That retro pic for your daughter is awesome!
I like the shorty drag bars.
Yer the shorties look good, will have to see once it's built I can swap between these and the street bars, just waiting for a good day so I can strip the paint outside get the bondo imperfections sorted and frame primered, I think still black, I'm still devided between street and drag look street is easier as I don't need to find or make add ons for a drag strip only look with stickers and all but let's see what will be

Finally started to strip the frame just been super busy lately, and off to the doctors, I'm not sick just feel like I've been kidney punched but it's been a good while and discomfort is lasting too long to think it's just because I've over worked myself, here's some pics, nearly done then to tidy the bog/bondo a bit, sand the frame a bit smoother and get some coats of edge primer on when there's a sunny day so at least it's protected from the rainy weather
IMG_20220706_155250.jpg
IMG_20220706_155300.jpg
IMG_20220706_155306.jpg
IMG_20220706_155322.jpg
IMG_20220706_155354.jpg

It's cleaning up well.
Hope it's not kidney stones. Get well.

It's cleaning up well.
Hope it's not kidney stones. Get well.
Thanks, I had kidney stones before but doesn't feel the same, I will see what the doc has to say, he might say quit your day job and do something therapeutic and I will be like.... Yyeesss bike building all day here I come

The frame's looking good.

Hope the doctor visit went well... not that visiting the doctor is ever a good thing.

Take care,

Glen.
thanks Glen,went to doctors,done physical check and bruised from left side all around to front just under ribcage,hes pretty sure its nothing internal but just waiting on bloodtest results,he said it could be related to my sciatica

Bit more sanding and cleaning up, filing down some rough areas, just got to remember not to be ocd about frame as it's only a rough frame gota get a tin of bondo/bog to fill/ resurface and smooth what's there already

I've got some bog you can have if you want it. It's quite old but should still be ok. I last used it about a year ago and it seemed fine. Let me know if you want it and I can drop it over to you sometime.

Glen.

I've got some bog you can have if you want it. It's quite old but should still be ok. I last used it about a year ago and it seemed fine. Let me know if you want it and I can drop it over to you sometime.

Glen.
That would be cool thanks Glen as I only need a little bit to fill small holes and a fine layer of build up so I can file and sand down smooth

Not much to report, I got round to doing the bog on the bike, thanks for the tin it did the job,just gota start sanding back and shaping ready for primer

Glad the bog worked for you. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Glen.

Frame bogged/Bondo'ed sanded,primer'ed, sprayed matte black, thought I had a second can as the first was half empty, turned out to be satin black so satin it is, ended up rushing the sanding (too hasty to get it done) which left some defects but overall not bad,pics to come soon

Frame bogged/Bondo'ed sanded,primer'ed, sprayed matte black, thought I had a second can as the first was half empty, turned out to be satin black so satin it is, ended up rushing the sanding (too hasty to get it done) which left some defects but overall not bad,pics to come soon

1659801592715.png

The prep work paid off and the paint looks great.
I also like the header wrap vibe for the sissy bar.

The prep work paid off and the paint looks great.
I also like the header wrap vibe for the sissy bar.
That's what I was going with the wrap, it has a pedal back brake wheel so going with a clean no brake look but do want to come up with a faux shifter, and still have to sus a crank and a chain guard

Latest posts

Back