THE BIRD. Flew the coop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharp looking sprocket. Have you considered flipping it around? I always thought the the spiral design should look like they were being spun by the cranks like this.
View attachment 160447
Yeah, I know I got it backwards
It goes otherwzy...
I just slipped it on the crank arms to grab a pick didn't pay attention to which way I put it on there.
It still needs cleaned up and crank still need to paint it

Always thought that sprocket just didn't look right. Flippin it would make it better.
Way I have it in that picture is flipped from the way it's supposed to be. Like I mentioned in the last post I just threw it on the crank for a snapshot ..didn't pay attention to what way i stuck it on there. .

And for the record I need no one to tell me which way this stuff is supposed to go. I've been building these things for over 45 years.

Wasn't trying to tell you how to do it. Just saying I liked it better. You guys are better bike builders than I am.
Way I have it in that picture is flipped from the way it's supposed to be. Like I mentioned in the last post I just threw it on the crank for a snapshot ..didn't pay attention to what way i stuck it on there. .

And for the record I need no one to tell me which way this stuff is supposed to go. I've been building these things for over 45 years.

@kingfish254 ,
@marshall hudson ,
There ya go Fellerz...
Paint dry & chainring installed in the original Direction.
20210607_204442.jpg

Sorry man, wasn't trying to step on your toes. :D
But here's a Snickers brother

1623202361141.png

She looks super sweet as she sits! Just sit back and stare at it every now and then. Or, get an idea in your head and then Google the crap out of it. Amazing what you will find on the internet for inspiration.

RaT oN~!

She looks super sweet as she sits! Just sit back and stare at it every now and then. Or, get an idea in your head and then Google the crap out of it. Amazing what you will find on the internet for inspiration.

RaT oN~!
Well, it's down to putting crankset in, & chain on ;
Just that: this is
My least favorite part of putting together a bicycle.
I'll get back to it.
As @Captain Awesome say,
I Got Time.:wink1:

I just been so weak & drained ...
This hot humid weather doesn't help things.

Rat-On !

It's a little weird, but sometimes, the wrong parts help. Throw something on there, and ride it a bit. Finding what doesn't work for you can guide you to where you want to go.

That being said, I feel your pain, I'm in the doldrums right now too, so much other stuff to focus on than a bike project which has lost momentum.

It's a little weird, but sometimes, the wrong parts help. Throw something on there, and ride it a bit. Finding what doesn't work for you can guide you to where you want to go.

That being said, I feel your pain, I'm in the doldrums right now too, so much other stuff to focus on than a bike project which has lost momentum.
I already know what will work for me. And I already know how it will ride. I've had ut for 17 years. I rode it for about the first seven years every day.

I only need motivation to do the job that I don't like to do. And that is:
Installing crankset, and putting chains on.... then properly aligning everything. I always lose motivation at this point.

Back