The Board Track Racer, Briggs powered---Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Board Track Racer, Briggs powered

DSCI0128.jpg

DSCI0129.jpg

Tanks is sealed and painted with appliance epoxy. I didn't use filler on the outside though. I figure the pinstriping and lettering will help cover it up.

whew... It's hot out.

The frame is boxed in and stiff as heck now. i also picked up an old air compressor with a 3hp briggs on it. I'm going to have to run a larger engine. More power, lighter weight and about the same size.

i hauled the project home and will be doing some work to it in the nice, cool basement. I will try and get some pics this evening.

:mrgreen:

Looking forward to an assembled bike picture. I noticed the Bontrager display rack in the background. You must have been in a bike shop for that shot?

Yeah I work at Penn Cycle in Minneapolis. Working on my 16th year in the bicycle industry as a mechanic. :lol:

Great job so far. The tank is sharp. And good for you for such a long stint in one job/place, that's rare, I think my longest run was 9 years at one job.

The more briggs powered bikes show up the more I get motivated to try something. I have a 5hp briggs with centrifugal clutch and chains from a minibike project just sitting in the shed collecting dust..

Yeah they seem to be getting pretty popular lately. There are also a ton of them on YouTube if you ever get the chance to do a search..

With a clutch.

baD cell photos from the dungeon.

I found a REALLY solid fender at the Back To The 50's swap meet last weekend. Heavy gauge and it fits nicely. I have to bob it a bit and make struts for it still.
I pulled off all the tins on the 3hp engine and it is almost exactly like the old engine but aluminium. I'm going to have to trim off some of the fins to give it an older look. I'm also going to put the shaved flywheel from the old engine on this one.

Two steps back, but the due date is the 23rd for the Bearded Lady Motorcycle Show.

IMG00204-20110701-1318.jpg

IMG00203-20110701-1317.jpg

IMG00202-20110701-1317.jpg

IMG00201-20110701-1316.jpg

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!! Good work Beau, its really looking good.

I think Northern Tool sell them. I made mine using pillow bearings from Northern Tool and a 3/4" bar that I ground a keyway into.

I ordered an American bottom bracket shell last night too. I'm going to move the crank arms back a little bit so I can run longer cranks.

One week from today this project will be complete for the Bearded Lady Motorcycle show.

No more pics until then and then they will be GOOD pics!

I have been spending hours shaving down the Briggs and making it look like an older engine.

See you all next week.

Yesterday was a LOOOOONG day in a hot garage. I bobbed the rear fender and welded it to the frame, welded on a new BB shell so I can add cranks that will work now, sanded and ground and painted the frame and fork.

I'm gonna start putting it back together tonight. I may drive down and pick up the turbo I have for it too.... :shock: :mrgreen:

Re: The Board Track Racer, Briggs powered---PAINTED!!!

Looks awesome 8) I'm curious though.. Why does it have two different bores for the pedal crank assembly?

Re: The Board Track Racer, Briggs powered---PAINTED!!!

I had to move the cranks, and it will also give me a spot to put a shaft for a supercharger later on.

Back