The Bonneville Saltcycle (Update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cave12man said:
All brushed copper color and situate the pedals at the rear wheel so you have to lay down on it to pedal. Might be hard to figure out the gearing so you could actually pedal it, but worth the trouble if you if you want that bonneville look. Kind of like a TRON cycle but steampunkish.

I know, the logistics of such a build would be a little wonky but awesome if someone got it right. Pedaling would prob be as hard as it is now :?
A brushed cooper look would be sick. I've actually thought about moving the pedals to the rear but I dont know how to make that work. To late now on this bike (maybe Saltcycle 2.0? :D ) got mostly all the body work done. I did however manager to keep the stock stem and beach bars so I can actually ride it then when I go to show it i'll just simply remove them and screw on a cool looking cap. It would look sick to be able to pedal from the rear wheel. Iam sure balance would be an issue (might take a few times to get it right). Thanks for your awesome insight.

tin machine said:
hi , awesome bike , lots of skilled work !!!! I would motorize it ,it would look good to me with a motor and chrome or black wrapped exhaust pipe . ?
Thanks,I agree. But that may be saved for Saltcycle Version 2.0.... :wink:

Back