The DRAG-ON Evans Sonic Scout build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting all the parts together for my latest build,I'll post pics in progress as she comes together.Bike will be outfitted with a Sturmey Archer3 speed wheel in black with a Kenda Flame 26x3.00 back tire.Front wheel is a 26" black Teny mag outfitted with a Kenda 1.5 front tire.Bike will feature a Sturmey Archer 3 speed click shifter and a real Hurst shifter handle.Black dropped mustache handlebars and adjustable stem,I love that headbadge--all the way from Malasia!!:thumbsup:!!
012.JPG
013.JPG
015.JPG
Back Wheel 3 speed.jpg
Kenda Back Tire.jpg
Front Wheel.jpg
Front Tire.jpg
SA Shifter.jpg
Hurst  shift handle.jpg
Handlebars.jpg
Handle bar grips.jpg
Stem goosenck.jpg
Dragon.jpg

Wow, a 26x3!!!!! Is that gonna fit?
This build looks like its gonna be awesome! Can't wait to see more!

Wow, a 26x3!!!!! Is that gonna fit?
This build looks like its gonna be awesome! Can't wait to see more!
Looks like a green light Nick:39: on that tire!!,I start work tomorrow and hope to get her together in a month or so.The tank is at the sign shop having the decals reproduced.Waiting on all the parts I ordered,will be stripping the frame first.

I like the look of the rack hanging down like that. Cut a hole in it and put wheel up through it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the look of the rack hanging down like that. Cut a hole in it and put wheel up through it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya know you're on to something:39:,no holes in that rack but mabey lower it as far as possible.I also have another idea to go along with your suggestion thats in the notebook.Thanks and appreciated!!

Hopeing that I didn't make a bad call on the back tire.Initially I thought there would be no problem now I'm not so sure:39:??Tire shown is a 26x1.75,a 26x2.125 would certainly work,a 3.00 uh oh??I'll have to wait and see :headbang:.I guess it depends on how much I want that back tire.I think that if I get crazy enough I can custom fabricate dropout extentions to pull the whole wheel back.What do you guys think??
001.JPG
002.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG

Got a bit done today,the frame,chainguard and rack are stripped and ready to be scotch brited and primed.Stripping frames rates right up there with cleaning leaves outta the gutters:mad:.Parts are starting to be delivered:thumbsup:.I have a buddy that I'll be helping build an XL Sting Ray 3 speed chopper soon so I'll be doing double duty:crazy:!!

Hey Blacktop, I'm sure a 24X3 will fit as on my Olympic, but a 26er likely not.
If using stock squared fenders at all, a 26X1.9/2.0 is possible, but tight too in my experience.
Extending dropouts sounds like a great custom option for the big fatties though and would look meaner with the front wheel/tire combo you chose. Build On!

Shoulda been riding on a beautiful day but this got in the way.Did some light metal work on the chainguard and rack,the rack looks like some fat pants kid thought it was the backseat of his ol mans's 56 Oldsmobile,it came out really nice though.Got to finish prep & prime and still waiting to get the tank back from the sign shop with the rocket decals.
001.JPG

Thanks guys and appreciate the interest,I might make a few mistakes along the way but really trying to avoid the ol stick through the spokes crash n burn:13: screwup!So far so good:thumbsup:Got the front mag and tire--sweet!

Had a fruitful afternoon getting the dropouts cut finished and mocked to the frame.This will be held together with grade 8 bolts which is overkill but for the few extra bucks why not.Plenty of room for that fat boy 3"er now.Little bit of head scratching on the brake arm anchor:39: but I think I have it figured out.When it comes time to tighten the chain after some mileage it'll pivot out with the wheel in the dropouts.I need a nap:rolleyes:!! Oh by the way,the dropouts were fabricated with a hacksaw,grinder wheel,files,drill press and my extensive use of the word "Supercalifredgilisticxpdalidoshis":crazy:!!!! I really have to invest in a vise someday,the wife moves to much when I'm hacksawing :banghead:,just kiddin you guys:rolleyes:!
001.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
005.JPG
007.JPG
004.JPG

Last edited:
Back