The DRAG-ON Evans Sonic Scout build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great idea! That should look awesome, I normally don't really like that style of rack, but I think you have hit the reason why on the head and fixed it in one go!

Luke.

Been a little bit of a struggle getting anything done as of late but I did get the rack inserts mocked up mounted with the button screws,I think its going to look great:thumbsup:.Had a chance to strip the chainguard,next will be the tank everything else is stripped.Oh Oh,could paint be right around the corner?
001.JPG

This build is coming along nicely indeed and in keeping with your vision.
I know a little original paint has to be sacrificed on projects sometimes, but the results should be worth it in this case.

Got some more "grunt work"done yesterday and there's a lot of it along with some head scratching:39: and with the help of a few beers I was able to kick out a few gremlins that we're poking me with sticks.Yesterday the seatpost stem on the bike was the issue as I'm not using the stock post that the Evans had because its too short and is one that doesn't require a seatpost clamp,its works much like a regular handle bar stem.Problem is is that you can't find these stems in a longer length so you have to find another option.I slotted the back of the frame post and am going to use a BMX clamp and a 7/8 seatpost.Thank GOD for the dremel--best tool in the box!!:thumbsup:
003.JPG
005.JPG

Weather was crappy so I took advantage of the oppurtunity to get some good work out of the way.First up was the dropout plates,I put a thin layer of JB Weld on the dropouts and the plates after roughing the surface areas with my trusty dremel and barrel sander then bolted them together with some crap bolts.I put the wheel back in to make sure everything was aligned properly then torqued up the bolts tight,gonna let this dry for at least 3-4 days.I will then be using grade 8 bolts {I know its overkill}and acorns to deliver super strength and to dress up.One good thing about the Evans dropouts is that theres plenty of big surface area to do this.I then surface prepped the springer parts,chainguard and rack with self etching primer and will let them dryup good before doing the scotchbrite thing.The tank finally got stripped and the decals came in.Had to get these off the bay as the sign company that was to repro the originals are way to busy it seems--bummer:mad:!Will have to offset one of the rockets because of the shifter.Trying to get a lot done in a short period of time without making mistakes will make you :crazy:,I'm gonna have a beer,oh thats right I'v had two already,threes always been a good number:thumbsup:
004.JPG
007.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
012.JPG

Gonna see if I can get the Drag-On into the buildoff,didn't think I could get er done but its looking pretty good.I only started this bike about a month ago,all the parts are in and paint is the only thing left.Lets see what happens:39:!!

Gonna see if I can get the Drag-On into the buildoff,didn't think I could get er done but its looking pretty good.I only started this bike about a month ago,all the parts are in and paint is the only thing left.Lets see what happens:39:!!

Go for it!!

The Drag-On is now posted in the Build Off 9 Bikes!! I think I can pull this off,thanks for the support guys!

Last edited:
Back