the I'll show you OFF TOPIC bike thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Looking one way and riding in another?
Need to ramble but not sure what you're on about?
Maybe you just got distracted.
Here's a thread for our dislocated discussions.
AND there's no wrong answers...

complimentary bike photo:
KIMG1352.JPG

A rope guys walk into a bar. Goes to the tender and says "Gimmie a beer!"
Tender says "No can do, we don't serve ropes in this joint."
Ol' Ropey don't get too upset, he just goes outside, gets hisself all twisted up and looped and disheveled, and heads back in to try again.
The barkeep says "Hey get outta here, didn't I just tell you we don't serve roves here?"
Ropey flashes a crooked grin and says, "Nope. I'm a frayed knot!"

Anybody know if an offset flange can be used to move a 10” rough in toilet to a 12” rough in?
I have 4 child sized toilets that need to be changed to standard sized toilets.
View attachment 224233
10/10 would fill with ice and beer for group rides

Am I wrong for telling a guy that I’m trying to score a Schwinn Breeze from that generally girls/womens bikes don’t usually retain the value of their masculine counterparts?

Am I wrong for telling a guy that I’m trying to score a Schwinn Breeze from that generally girls/womens bikes don’t usually retain the value of their masculine counterparts?
Nah......

What would be wrong was if he was blind and you told him it wasn't a Schwinn but instead just a Walmart Cranbrook and you will give him $5 for it

Nah......

What would be wrong was if he was blind and you told him it wasn't a Schwinn but instead just a Walmart Cranbrook and you will give him $5 for it
That would be a bit foul, but this guy wanted $300 for a @70ish 3-speed…I wasn’t going for that. He asked how much had I been willing to pay to which I replied roughly half of that (average Evibay price couldn’t KBB it, but I thought that was more than generous) which he said that he would do $200. It’s been on his porch for a while and from my experience with 3 speed hubs I know that if you don’t really keep ‘em lubed they can be quite stubborn. Anyway, I’m going to see what I can negotiate (I really just want it for the drivetrain truth be told).

That would be a bit foul, but this guy wanted $300 for a @70ish 3-speed…I wasn’t going for that. He asked how much had I been willing to pay to which I replied roughly half of that (average Evibay price couldn’t KBB it, but I thought that was more than generous) which he said that he would do $200. It’s been on his porch for a while and from my experience with 3 speed hubs I know that if you don’t really keep ‘em lubed they can be quite stubborn. Anyway, I’m going to see what I can negotiate (I really just want it for the drivetrain truth be told).
I was just poking fun

If you are needing just the drive train watch eBay. I bought one within a year ago and paid 35$ and some shipping. I locally (Denver) bought a 70’s Huffy 3 speed for 40$ through Craig’slist. Both were Shimano 333’s. I wouldn’t pay over the $100, considering what I would strip from them. If the hubs stay intact, they are usually decent, with a need of a good lube to get them back to normal. I saw two very nice unused 70’s 3 speed bikes at a thrift shop priced at $300 each. I was disgusted. Good luck out there! ✌🏻

If you are needing just the drive train watch eBay. I bought one within a year ago and paid 35$ and some shipping. I locally (Denver) bought a 70’s Huffy 3 speed for 40$ through Craig’slist. Both were Shimano 333’s. I wouldn’t pay over the $100, considering what I would strip from them. If the hubs stay intact, they are usually decent, with a need of a good lube to get them back to normal. I saw two very nice unused 70’s 3 speed bikes at a thrift shop priced at $300 each. I was disgusted. Good luck out there! ✌🏻
Thanks. You’d best believe as I’m perusing flEaBay I’m also saving 3 speed setup searches as well. I would attribute his prices to sentimental value, but if he missed his ex so much I don’t think that he’d be willing to sell it at all. Oddly enough some of the prices on those components are a bit steep. Are 3 speed hubs en vogue again or something?

I was just poking fun
I know. It seems as if I’m the sight impaired and this gentleman is trying to sell me a Dynacraft branded (no offense to any owners, I actually have a couple of their products) cruiser under the guise of a vintage Schwinn Black Phantom.

My old tourist hunter. Best use of a yard sale water ski too.

Thanks. You’d best believe as I’m perusing flEaBay I’m also saving 3 speed setup searches as well. I would attribute his prices to sentimental value, but if he missed his ex so much I don’t think that he’d be willing to sell it at all. Oddly enough some of the prices on those components are a bit steep. Are 3 speed hubs en vogue again or something?
I enjoy turning my bikes in to 3 speeds and using the old hubs and shifters. The click click click of the hub is music to my ears. Here is one you should grab off the bay. I would buy it but have no need currently. There are others at 50$ so I would snatch this up. Be mindful of 28 & 36 spoke hubs.
A9CB5BC2-D272-41AD-A585-9E31DF58371A.png

Latest posts

Back