the I'll show you OFF TOPIC bike thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, where is this thread going? :bigboss:
IMG_0538.jpg

John Tomac!
Screen-Shot-2022-12-29-at-8.29.46-AM.png

Also Tomac:
download.jpeg

When people tell you BMX is good training for MTB, when people try out drop bars on MTB, remember Tomac did it first. If you want to learn to ride a classic MTB, study Tomac
Tomac_Cactus_Cup_93_PatC.jpg

Look at that high post attack stance! Dropper? He's probably never heard of her, but I'm sure she's in his dust

I enjoy turning my bikes in to 3 speeds and using the old hubs and shifters. The click click click of the hub is music to my ears. Here is one you should grab off the bay. I would buy it but have no need currently. There are others at 50$ so I would snatch this up. Be mindful of 28 & 36 spoke hubs. View attachment 224247
I’ll check into this. Thanks 😊

Looks like the link goes from fork tip to the end of the strut from the leaf spring (68 mm) plus a bit more to the actual axle, and that adds to the travel. That's pretty cool. Folks have used that concept here too. Usually on a Monarch style springer, with the rockers from static fork to sprung fork plus the extension to the axle. Both give you more movement at the axle with less movement at the spring.

another random application that I've stashed for later implementation..
pedal brake.JPG

Get a good look, them pads would push against the inside of the rim next to the nipples. So would probably work well with a wider rim. But could also be reconfigured to lever a set of calipers.

John Tomac!
View attachment 224283

Also Tomac:View attachment 224284
When people tell you BMX is good training for MTB, when people try out drop bars on MTB, remember Tomac did it first. If you want to learn to ride a classic MTB, study Tomac View attachment 224285
Look at that high post attack stance! Dropper? He's probably never heard of her, but I'm sure she's in his dust
Grew up watching John at Lansing Jack Pine bmx, guy was sooooo fast! Really cool to kids, like me. Love seeing his son destroying motocross.

fountain 1.jpg

One of my favorite rides, the Thunderbolt Greaseslapper,
sitting on the wall of the only fountain for miles, in front of the Kankakee Depot.
What are we talking about? :crazy:

What are we talking about
A bunch of things! Did you know horses and cows can sleep standing up, but only dream when lying down? There's a metaphor for life in there, or a cruel joke, I can never tell them apart.

Latest posts

Back