"The Lucky 13" - NEWS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "The Lucky 13" goes Bobber

i adore the bike! love the name.

IMG_0171.jpg

Very cool. I've always wondered how something like that would ride. Where did u find the wheels or did they come with the original bike?

@ legburner:
The rims are Rigida DH80 and the frame was sold without anything - just the bare frame.

@ sensor:
When you first ride this bike it is hard to control, because of the extreme rake, but after some minutes of practise it handles very smooth and easy. This bike is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden.

Re: "The Lucky 13" - Tiki-Shifter build

Okay, some updates on this one....
I took some photos with a friend and attended a bike event of our local newspaper...
100_0012-4.jpg

100_0011-8.jpg

100_0006-7.jpg

LVZ.jpg

... and I'm currently building a costum tiki shifter for my bike:
Foto0248.jpg

Foto0249.jpg

Foto0251.jpg

Foto0246.jpg

you going to ever finish this? i'm looking at a clean way to attach a bar to a twist shifter making a stick shifter. ;)

rjenman said:
you going to ever finish this? i'm looking at a clean way to attach a bar to a twist shifter making a stick shifter. ;)

Maybe... the Shifter is almost done, but it doesn't work properly because the Clickbox I have to use doesn't fit on the rear dropouts...

DeadBolt89 said:
rjenman said:

Maybe... the Shifter is almost done, but it doesn't work properly because the Clickbox I have to use doesn't fit on the rear dropouts...

is your name based on the band "Deadbolt" ? They're one of my favourites.

rjenman said:
DeadBolt89 said:
rjenman said:

is your name based on the band "Deadbolt" ? They're one of my favourites.

No, it's based on a character name of the "Matrix"-trilogy...

Well... didn't write something about this one for some time...

1. The tiki shifter didn't work...

2. I rode it quite a lot this season and now the paint job is dead. I actually paid 85€ for it but it was worth nothing...
(... but I made some cool pics though)
100_0124.jpg

100_0127-1.jpg

3. I now working on a new (no) paint scheme:
Foto0342.jpg

Foto0341.jpg

Foto0340.jpg

Foto0343.jpg

Back