** The next build off 2024 **

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up another bucket list bike frame that could be a solid contender for the Step-Thru Build Off: a prewar curved seat tube Elgin!
View attachment 277843

I don't know if I'll enter this one or not yet, but it'd be a fun one to build for sure!
Those frames make pretty cool 'step over' bikes also. ;)

WPL_OW4g.jpeg

Those frames make pretty cool 'step over' bikes also. ;)

View attachment 277852
That they do. Decoluxe is easily one of your best builds, and the whole reason I wanted one of these frames in the first place.

Funny you should mention that bike, as the frame got tossed in with another step-thru bike I bought at the Springfield, Missouri swap meet this past weekend. One with a certain accessory I've been dying to own even before I knew about this forum...
BftD_TRM_as_acquired_81624_7.jpg

Cool! :cool: I haven't seen that one!
Thanks! I hadn't seen this one before either. I got it and a bunch of other parts from James Allen, the guy who's been running the Springfield Bicycle swap meet and local bicycle museum for longer than I've been alive. He was selling it and some other stuff for the wife of a friend who's in bad health. I'll send you a link with all the photos I took of it this morning once I post it to my Fresh Finds thread.

Latest posts

Back