The Swindler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a pretty swindley little project I bought from @CRASH for last year’s MBBO. I wound up getting rained out on it and didn’t get much done. It’s a 70s Huffy Cheater Slick with a recurved British fork and a Liberty Belle chain guard. It’s a pretty cool little bike I think. The wheels were professionally restored by @CRASH , 20x3” slick on the rear, 16” skinny from a Slingshot for the front. Last year I got as far as shortening the steerer tube on the forks and rethreading them. I bought some grips and did a mock up then blew it back apart and put it away. I still need to dimple the frame to fit that meaty slick and I have a, hopefully, cool paint job planned. Polish the chrome, etc.

I dug out all the parts today and this is as far as I got before it started to rain. It rarely rains in Cali this time of year. My work space is outside so no progress today.
IMG_0356.jpeg

After checking out @Captain Awesome 's build I think I might need a wheelie bar. I don't have any parts for one so if anyone knows of something or a how-to tutorial hit me up.

I think I might swap out the handle bars for a '69 Schwinn bar that I have. And I might also want to get a taller sissy bar.
If (<—- Huge IF) I can score some more of these rods I’m using I’ll gladly forward them to you

After checking out @Captain Awesome 's build I think I might need a wheelie bar. I don't have any parts for one so if anyone knows of something or a how-to tutorial hit me up.

I think I might swap out the handle bars for a '69 Schwinn bar that I have. And I might also want to get a taller sissy bar.
I came across this last week on Amazon. It's a removable rear rack that doubles as a luggage dolly. This is the rigid frame version and there is a foldable version as well. I'm getting one to see if it can be modified to become a wheelie bar. Worst case, at only $26.00 I've got a new rack for one of my other bikes.
Screenshot_20230828-164636~4.png

I came across this last week on Amazon. It's a removable rear rack that doubles as a luggage dolly. This is the rigid frame version and there is a foldable version as well. I'm getting one to see if it can be modified to become a wheelie bar. Worst case, at only $26.00 I've got a new rack for one of my other bikes.
View attachment 248702
That's an interesting idea, I've never seen those before. I'm going to have a look.

I haven’t had much time to work on bikes lately. Work has been busy plus I’ve got this 1100 square foot deck that needs sanded and sealed before the weather turns wet again.

IMG_0422.jpeg
IMG_0426.jpeg

But today is free so I’m back to bikes! I’m hoping to get the frame clearanced to fit the big slick and prepped/primed for paint. Hopefully I can get it painted in a few days.

Latest posts

Back