The "Triple Spyder Bite" - 8/27 UPDATE - 99% DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
raggedjim said:
Looks to me like 2 caliper brakes in rear that use the hand levers and a drum in rear using the stem (lever).

Very nice bike, Rg

Yea it is drum brake. At first, I thought he was calling it triple spyder bite cuz he used three speeds hub with five rear gears to convert it to 15 speeds bike. I was wondering if it shifting that well until I reread and found out it was drum brake. Lol

My eyes was open for a moment. :oops: lol I was wondering if five gears will be able to threading on 3speeds hub and wouldn't 1st high gear to be too fast for 2nd low gear? But it's neat idea. Three brakes in rear. Kinda of like emergency park brake.

freddyfingaz said:
My eyes was open for a moment. :oops: lol I was wondering if five gears will be able to threading on 3speeds hub and wouldn't 1st high gear to be too fast for 2nd low gear? But it's neat idea. Three brakes in rear. Kinda of like emergency park brake.

I rode a guys klunker with the 3+5 setup, it worked great! the hub is just like a front deraileur, you don't use it a whole lot..

scrumblero said:
freddyfingaz said:

I rode a guys klunker with the 3+5 setup, it worked great! the hub is just like a front deraileur, you don't use it a whole lot..

Link? I would like see it

Back