Tribute to our friends

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
totally awesome build......keep up the great work, its a project dad & daughter will remember forever!!!!!

Very cool chopper I cant wait to see it completed,I am also building a occ stretch version :lol:

Very cool bike. I would like to do a custom chopper myself but I have no money, no bike, and no welder. Oh well. This inspires me even more honestly to design one of my own. Great work by a great team. Its extremely inspiring. Ill be fallowing this one closely. The faimly that builds (and rides) together, stays together!

UN-UPDATE

Not much of an update, sorry, but thanks for all the compliments! I would work on the bike if I had time, but every other weekend I'm with my mom. Plus, three Saturdays ago, my dad went to the Roth wedding (so even he couldn't work on it), the Saturday after that, I had my birthday party (while my dad and my brother were working on our Karmann Ghia), last Saturday was the "Second Saturday" ride (And 1968longboy, hope you can get started on that project of yours... Had fun ridn' with ya! See you next month!), and last Sunday my friend, who recently had back surgery called and we talked on the phone for a few hours because we hadn't seen each other in weeks. She reinjured her back and we would appreciate any prayers for her. Saturday my dad spent some time working on the seat and we will soon have to find some foam. We want some automotive type foam, without buying a huge piece. Any ideas? Anyways, I will post again as soon as we get some actual work done on the bike.....

Ive seen a friend use carpet padding,he glues a few pieces together with spray adhesive to get the desired thickness and shapes it with a flap wheel after cutting it to shape with a razor or electric knife .He does this for harleys but it is same concept for a bicycle.they turn out very comfortable when finished! :mrgreen:

FatBoy said:
Ive seen a friend use carpet padding,he glues a few pieces together with spray adhesive to get the desired thickness and shapes it with a flap wheel after cutting it to shape with a razor or electric knife .He does this for harleys but it is same concept for a bicycle.they turn out very comfortable when finished! :mrgreen:

I do the same thing with the foam kneeling pads in the big-K garden department..nice and firm and $4 a seat!! :D

I know this is a family site, so I am going to choose my words carefully...

Holy ish! This is bad a**! Color me very impressed! And jealous. I wish I had a quarter of the skills you and your father have. I bow to your build and cannot wait to see the finished product.

Well done so far. Keep updating.

:D

This is really cool. It reminds me of my sister and Dad getting her '66 VW on the road. Enjoy it, both of you. These are the things you will miss the most when you get older.

-UPDATE-

Yay! Finally out of school! Now maybe I can get some more bike work done.... :wink: Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions!
We have been held up by a lumpy weld bead. At first my dad tried using the smallest cutoff wheel we had, but as a last resort I ended up using the DREMEL tool instead.
seatbase012.jpg

We then sanded the seat base a little with a new 40 grit flapper wheel so that it would fit. Here it is in place.
seatbase019.jpg

There is now little left to be done on the seat. :(

Back