Tweed Rides and Seersucker Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mixed feelings on the Tweed rides. I like the concept of an organized, vintage bike ride that isn't for money. I don't like the over-the-top dress up side of it, even though I love the bikes.

And I will second the remark about English 3 speed prices. I remember getting them at yard sales and even online through ads for $20-30 for a really nice Sports example. $100 for a complete, rod brake roadster in good shape.

Well, I only paid $50 for a 3spd ladies Raleigh Tourister, last year, so they're still out there.

So far, all of my English bikes have been free. Dragged a mens Phillips with rod brakes out of a dumpster, been handed Raleighs, Hercules, Rudge, Hiawatha (didn't know any Hiawathas were made in England til then). So far I haven't met one I'd actually pay money for, but they're decent bikes if you can get them for free. Probably only been free because I'm never looking for one.:39:

So far, all of my English bikes have been free. Dragged a mens Phillips with rod brakes out of a dumpster, been handed Raleighs, Hercules, Rudge, Hiawatha (didn't know any Hiawathas were made in England til then). So far I haven't met one I'd actually pay money for, but they're decent bikes if you can get them for free. Probably only been free because I'm never looking for one.:39:

Ah, i remember those days. Long gone, now, in my neck of the woods. There's actually demand for Brit bikes, these days.

Back