UK Chopper build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on the calipers chap ! Also dynamo and rear hugger should be here next week
, Im also looking for a mirror

Paul sc said:
chrisp said:
Bike looks good!
Get out on water?

Paul sc said:
building this shizzle over the winter because 1 i love metal work (even if im not that good at it )
2 i cant get out on water

i kitesurf all summer which i love,but when the winter comes in or fall i dont get out :(
Nice! looks like a bunch of fun. I've tried it once. Man, it was tough!
I'd like to get into it for the spring when the surf is blown out around here.

more pic of how the backwheel works please. Been thinking about using a motorcyclewheel for my schoolproject bike but i haven't really figured out how to get everything to work, like freewheeling etc (don't think i will put gears on in)
would be very glad if you would like to help by writing a post on how you made everything work :)

UnDerzon3 said:
more pic of how the backwheel works please. Been thinking about using a motorcyclewheel for my schoolproject bike but i haven't really figured out how to get everything to work, like freewheeling etc (don't think i will put gears on in)
would be very glad if you would like to help by writing a post on how you made everything work :)

what do you want to know dude ? i can help you :)

i would go for gears though dude it helps to get you up to speed without straining .....also 60 psi in the rubber helps

i welded the 7 speed cassete to the sproket then ran the hub bolt straight through the centre

Paul sc said:
what do you want to know dude ? i can help you :)

i would go for gears though dude it helps to get you up to speed without straining .....also 60 psi in the rubber helps

i welded the 7 speed cassete to the sproket then ran the hub bolt straight through the centre

for now i'm ok i think since i'm going to start with some other things first, but later on i may need your help. will it be ok if i maybe pm you then?
i've been thinking about not using a motorcycle rim and widen a bike rim instead. little like this:
http://www.chopperdome.nl/346-low-glide ... iser/bikes
but instead of puting a couple of rims togheter i will be cutting one rim in half and den try to widen that. :)
i will reconsider about adding gears. the reason i didn't plan to get some was because the extra job to put them there, just thought i would be easier to build a bike without gears :p

flash22 said:
About time i got mine sorted, see what the weather is like tomorrow, now my workshop is clear i have half a chance

looking good so far any thoughts on colour yet ??

you can find my build here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=41401

Thanks mate

Still struggling for a colour scheme !

Was thinking chocolate brown frame white forks and bronze wheels but I would like white wheels :/ ??

Underzon

Pm me whenever you want bro , spoking a wheel like that is probably not as easy as it looks

Paul sc said:
Underzon

Pm me whenever you want bro , spoking a wheel like that is probably not as easy as it looks

nice, i will :)
well you'll always learn something :p
the thing i though about using from the link i sent was puting an extra edge around the rim to make it bigger, for example i would take a 16" rim and weld a extra edge on it to make it a 17" :)

Back