VOTE HERE!!!!!! - BUILD OFF #5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLEASE SELECT YOUR TOP THREE BIKES

• 01. "1940 Columbia" by Rudy Rude

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 02. "57 Speed Creep" by 48 Hawthorne

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • 03. "Archie Klunker" by GTCOMA

• 04. "Ben Davis" by NOC

• 05. "Beyond Thunderdome" by Chain Reaction

• 06. "Black American" by blackphantom

• 07. "Black and Wild" by garagegoon

Votes: 41 7.9%
  • 08. "Blue Eliminator" by Weekend Fun

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 09. "Blue Moon" by Ken Nighplay

• 10. "Blue Ribbon Betty" by mtbikn212

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • 11. "Blue X" by skipton

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • 12. "Bombing Betty" by chaunceysj

Votes: 27 5.2%
  • 13. "Boss Ross" by gowjobs

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • 14. "Broken Beat Scarred" by Simpleman

Votes: 63 12.1%
  • 15. "Bruizer" by iDood

• 16. "Cash" by Devilmaysay

• 17. "Cinco de Polo" by JoKeR63

• 18. "Cpuff" by Cashman

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • 19. "CWC 1" by Roadmaster

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 20. "Dynomite Racer" by zelkmaster

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 21. "Elgin Old Army" by frameteam2003

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 22. "Engine No. 9" by fenderhole

Votes: 113 21.6%
  • 23. "Grandpa Rockhopper" by XC204

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • 24. "Hometown Hero" by 59punk

Votes: 36 6.9%
  • 25. "Jenna Saykwa" by xddorox

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 26. "Kindergarten Cruiser" by mrflagman

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • 27. "Knuckledown" by Found Objects

• 28. "Krusty Kargo" by bean

Votes: 34 6.5%
  • 29. "Lazy Rodent" by Monster Metal

• 30. "Lincoln Green" by Hubgearfreak

• 31. "Mildly Curious" by warpigg

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 32. "Monkey Panic" by Bicycleguy

• 33. "Mr. Goodyear" by deorman

• 34. "Murray Resurrection" by Schwinnspastic

• 35. "Naked 41" by jcextreme

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 36. "Phantom Menace" by John Payne

• 37. "Picnic Time" by purple

• 38. "Poore Mans Dream" by murraymadman

• 39. "Primed for Renewal" by Flying Dingo

• 40. "Resicycle" by 2dawgs

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • 41. "Rusty Brit" by pvwacko

• 42. "Salt Shaker" by hotrodjen

Votes: 35 6.7%
  • 43. "Sandune 2.0" by dirtywater

• 44. "Schwinnliner" by Hooch

• 45. "Silver Flyer" by Wildcat

• 46. "Skull-o-sis" by icyoud2

Votes: 37 7.1%
  • 47. "Steamed Rat" by Markm

• 48. "Stella Bread Racer" by irzouts

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 49. "Stream-Flex" by 37fleetwood

• 50. "Swinger Special" by cman

• 51. "The Bandit" by Double Nickle

• 52. "The Desert Stormer" by 2wheelflyer

• 53. "The Goon" by hewey

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 54. "The Grady Rocket" by char

Votes: 56 10.7%
  • 55. "The Juak Ali" Graylock

• 56. "The King of Cowley County" by udallcustombikes

• 57. "The Newsboy Special" by ratina

• 58. "The Sidewalk Super Villain Supernaut" by bighit

Votes: 124 23.8%
  • 59. "The Tennessee Klunk" by biss-ness

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • 60. "The Way Out Suburbanite" by Schweetcruisers

• 61. "The Wormwood Limited" by Strings_and_steam

• 62. "Tiki Time Cruiser" by bigcam59

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • 63. "Undertaker" by Kuttnhack

• 64. "Vagabond Gent" by xHOBOPHOBIAx

• 65. "Widowmaker VI" by texasbigjohn

Votes: 87 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And once again, for all you gloss-hating "true rats", the bottom line is that my fenderhole vote was based on the mechanical aspect of the chassis, and the supernaut looks like a museum piece, ratty enough for me. :wink: I have no excuse for this vote, it's just my kind of bike, I gave it my vote, and you couldn't stop me!!Mwuehoohahaha! :lol: :lol: :shock:
:lol:

001-2.jpg

herr_rudolph said:
2> I could be wrong but I think ...when voting, one is deffinately influenced by seeing the scoreboard. Maybe it would also be a good idea to only have access to the scoreboard after one has cast his or her votes.

ah, but influenced in which direction?

seeing the votes accumulate does take a little of the suspense out of the game, but it's all fun. i did have trouble making up my mind, though, with so much creativity to consider. in the end, i went for two of the rat-roddiest and one that i just really liked.

congrats to one and all!

Boris said:
herr_rudolf said:
1> I still don't get it why one would want to give one of his/her votes to his/her own build... I really don't get that.... But, maybe it would be a good idea to make EVERY build-off participant give one of their votes to their own builds. That would be way more honest, and everybody's happy for not having the big 0 on his/her shoulders... (maybe 4 votes..?)

2> I could be wrong but I think ...when voting, one is deffinately influenced by seeing the scoreboard. Maybe it would also be a good idea to only have access to the scoreboard after one has cast his or her votes.

1-Voting for oneself! Come on now! thats not playin cricket!!Nor would lots of new members under the name of 'little rat rods aunt' suddenly appearing on the forum... 8) this game is played fair and square in a true sporting manner!

2-I didnt see the score board till I voted, has something changed after Herr_Rudolf's cool idea?

Boris

o-oh...
I don't hope you got me wrong buddy:

1> Voting for oneself: Just like most of the members I too HATE that idea, BUT... I know for a fact there are some people that have done exactly that. In this build, in last years build, and will do so in upcomming builds. Like I said: I don't get it why someone'll do that and feel good about it. It's a small problem, but it IS a problem... Now, when everybody HAS to give one of their votes to their own builds that will take care of that problem, don't you think? (And with 4 votes the rest of the voting will remain the same, theoretically.)

UncleKudzu said:
herr_rudolph said:

ah, but influenced in which direction?

seeing the votes accumulate does take a little of the suspense out of the game, but it's all fun.

2> I guess in different directions... Doesn't matter wich way. I just don't think it's a good thing being influenced by something other than the beauty of the bike/build. I think it's very well possible when seeing the close race between number-1 and runner-up makes you wanna vote for one or the other just to make one a winner, OR to make it a really close finish just for 'close finish' sake'.
To be honest, I really think it also has influenced MY voting, in a way.... I'm always in favor of 'the underdog' and I guess seeing the scoreboard before voting made me NOT want to vote for nr 1 or runner-up. And that is wrong too. (Although I stand behind my choices, and there are more that could've made my top 3)

Think about it. It would really make voting more honest, and focused purely on which bikebuild YOU think is the best. And that's what it's all about, right? Really, there would not be changed much: You'll still get the suspence looking at the scoreboard after you've voted.

Having said that, I think the build-off and the voting is okay the way it is. I mean, I'm okay with it. Maybe we should'nt take it so seriously. I just wondered what the outcome would be if this voting was just a little bit more honest.

And I agree: Steve has done it again! Organizing this build-off made him save 65 bikes that could have ended up on a scrappile... Now they've turned into beautifull bikes with another life ahead of them. I'm proud being a member of his community. And next ratrod-build-off: Count me in!

...oh, and another honesty-problem... heheh:
3> I don't know how it went this year but last year, in the last few hours of voting, 'suddenly' there where a lot of 'new members', only here to make a vote and just dissapear in thin air afterwards... I just wonder how many 'new members' this years' voting has generated...

I know, it's all fun and games and the bike you've all build really is your 1st place prize.
In a few hours I'll be traveling to my holidaydestination so I don't get to see the outcome of the voting for days.... :shock:

Good luck to all who are still in the race!

Yeah,

I don't know what they're talking about. I couldn't see the voting tallies until AFTER I'd voted. Do these guys have a different access level, or have they been taking hallucenogens?

i'm calling shenanigans on this contest!
27 to 37 votes, all tided with 2% of the vote tally?
somebodies math smells funny. :wink: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

votes didnt show up right away. i think it was the 3rd day they started to be visible all the time.

I think you'll find that's because that the poll results only show whole numbers and not points/fractions. So you could actually have 2.99% of the votes, but it will only show up as 2%. The total number of listed percentages at present add up to 68%.

On the subject of how the voting is going, I've gotta say I'm over the moon and quite surprised at the amount of votes the Krusty Kargo is getting. 34 as of now, which means 33 other people like it enough to give it one of their votes. I know that one of the votes came from my son....he was determined to vote for my build, even though I tried to talk him out of it. He won't tell me where his other votes went though! "That's my secret", he told me.
Regardless of who wins this buildoff, and I know it's been said before, and will be again, but every entrant is a winner, cause we've all got a cool one-off bike that we didn't have before :D .
I've ridden the Krusty Kargo a fair bit over the past week and it always gets plenty of comments and people looking/asking questions. A couple of people have even asked me if I'm selling "Kolas" 8) .

bean said:
I think you'll find that's because that the poll results only show whole numbers and not points/fractions. So you could actually have 2.99% of the votes, but it will only show up as 2%. The total number of listed percentages at present add up to 68%.

On the subject of how the voting is going, I've gotta say I'm over the moon and quite surprised at the amount of votes the Krusty Kargo is getting. 34 as of now, which means 33 other people like it enough to give it one of their votes. I know that one of the votes came from my son....he was determined to vote for my build, even though I tried to talk him out of it. He won't tell me where his other votes went though! "That's my secret", he told me.
Regardless of who wins this buildoff, and I know it's been said before, and will be again, but every entrant is a winner, cause we've all got a cool one-off bike that we didn't have before :D .
I've ridden the Krusty Kargo a fair bit over the past week and it always gets plenty of comments and people looking/asking questions. A couple of people have even asked me if I'm selling "Kolas" 8) .

i was just goofin bout the %'s! :lol:

34 votes, that means we're tied at 2% :lol: :wink: :lol:

You gotta get some old rusty coke can's. then the next time somebody ask's if your selling cola, you can hand him a krusty one. :)

aka_locojoe said:
You could see the votes before you voted. There was a small little text link at the bottom of the poll that said "view results" or something like that.

Crud...I was afraid of that.

Ah well..it's all for fun anyway. :wink:

herr_rudolf said:
o-oh...
I don't hope you got me wrong buddy:
No way my friend! :D I was trying to agree in a clumsy sort of way! I think your ideas are cool and I think one has been implicated already! :D

I vote for this....

icyuod2 said:
I don't see it making much of a difference. All the bikes are pictured in the gallery. peeps is gonna like what they like, regardless of the votes. :lol:

personally, i kinda like seeing em.
As for voting for yourself, i look at it this way.
If you can't find 3 bikes in the rrbbo (other than your own) worthy of your appreciation/vote.
Well your probably on the wrong forum. :)

Rat Rod said:
Crud...I was afraid of that.

yeah, Steve, i could see the tallies before i voted. after i voted, the difference is that my picks are highlighted when i'm logged in.

but yeah, it's all great fun and creativity. the suspense aspect might be fun, but seeing the votes add up up first is certainly no major hindrance to the fun of it all. you're running a great show here, man!

just based on the way the voting has progressed I would guess that seeing the results and following the discussion seriously compromises the results. people naturally divide into camps and vote for one or another of the available (likely to win) choices. usually two pull ahead and people tend to pick between those two. the rest get the remaining votes. it's just human nature to vote for one of the winners. I would find it difficult to believe that the winning two bikes are better than the rest by a 4:1 margin.
now don't get me wrong, the two leading bikes are leading for a reason, I'm not saying they aren't, but the numbers are still skewed

Back