Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Houndog said:
Pink is the new flat black!!!

BLASPHEMY!!! There is no black but black!

black_screen.jpg

The Easter Bunny has landed and he brought me a big green egg.
Now I have a headache from the tire rubber fumes just from the ride home from WalMart.

This bike is absurd!
Fat Fink is about to go for its maiden voyage.
Watch out Savannah!

WP_001452.jpg

WP_001453.jpg

WP_001456.jpg

kingfish254 said:
The Easter ***** has landed and he brought me a big green egg.
Now I have a headache from the tire rubber fumes just from the ride home from WalMart.

Wow!!!! I didn't realize that it had gone so far that the Easter Hare was a bad word! :shock: :shock:

Double check you bearings. I pulled the BB and it was bone dry! Not even a hint of any grease.

Not only did the BB not have any grease but the left BB bearing cup was cross threaded!!!!! :x
Frame is trash now!!! :x

Since the Green is out of stock, I guess I'll have to get a Red replacement! :x
So much for building a Fat Fink. :cry:

kingfish254 said:
Not only did the BB not have any grease but the left BB bearing cup was cross threaded!!!!! :x

Speaking of "replacements"... you didn't happen to leave the fat fink alone with Fugsley before you checked it did you? :shock:

Just saying :?: :?: :?:

Houndog said:
Maybe the lbs can fix it....

They probably could, but no way am I going to pay someone to fix a brand new bike.
This Beast is headed out the door as soon as I take my stuff off of it.

NOTE TO OTHERS! You have to have original packing to return an online order, so don't throw your box away until you are sure all is well.

The Renaissance Man said:
kingfish254 said:

Speaking of "replacements"... you didn't happen to leave the fat fink alone with Fugsley before you checked it did you? :shock:

Just saying :?: :?: :?:

Ah hah, I've done benn sabotaged by my own jealous creation!!!!

outskirtscustoms said:
Hey kingfish Lets see a size comparison between Fugsley and the Beast.

Too late, it's walmarts bike now.

kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

When are you getting your replacement?

outskirtscustoms said:
kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

When are you getting your replacement?

I haven't ordered one yet.Kinda bummed because I liked the green. I may sit out a while on the Beast frenzy and see how they work out for everyone else before I pull the trigger again.

Another thing that I noticed when I had the bike on my workstand was the rear wheel was almost bouncing when I brought it up to speed. The rim was true and centered in the hub, but the tire was out of round. There was one area of where the tire was 1/8-1/4" closer to the fender brace. I let a great deal of the air out to see if it was a tire seating problem but couldn't find any issue. Even at lower pressure this was an issue, so maybe it was just the tire iteself.
By the way, I don't think there are any rim strips on these.

Back