Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll do a complete pictorial of my blue one when it shows up like I did with the 32er I bought from walmart awhile back. I'll check all the bearings and pack them with grease if need be, also the roundness of the tires and all the alignments.

35m3bjd.jpg

If it's like most walmart stuff, everything will need some grease and adjusted slightly.

Rat Rod said:
Which tool did you use to remove the BB?

Lockring tool, then adjustable wrench.
If you pull the right cup as well, remember that it is righty loosy reverse threaded.

I didn't remove the tire, but I push it in far enough to see a good inch or so and no strip.

Bighit took a photo of his tires off, there is a rim strip, though it doesn't go all the way to the outside, it is just wide enough to cover the back of the spoke nipples, which is adequate, as long as it is on straight.

I hope I don't have anything wrong with my Beast when I get it. Not only would I hate the disappointment but I also hate making returns to Walmart :x

Kingfish.....I have an OCC chopper that has the same issue with tire roundness and causes it to bounce. It rode like those clown bikes you see in parades with the out of round bouncy wheels. The tire came on my Diamondback Drifter (which uses the same wheels) so I ended up having to swap it with the OCC so I could ride the Drifter. And since the OCC is no where near my riding size it doesn't matter to me having the bouncy tire on it.

I was working out in the shop today and some BMX kids stopped by, they all rode the Beast and loved it! They were riding up and down curbs and racing it against their BMX bikes and one of my rat rod cruisers.

Hey What The Heck !! I must be on the wrong website,

What happened to RRB? :x I musta hit my head last time I fell off my bike,Where am I? :shock:

May he Fat be with you....

Walmart still has my Fat. If you are listening please hurry up!! I wanna ride the Beast!

So my work has a wellness program that covers exercise equipment. When I saw this post about Walmart Fatbikes I was like, man I could get this 100 bucks. I went to hand in my reciept for the beast since I figured they would give me $100 towards the bike since you know, it's a good way to get exercise and they reimburse for exercise equipment. But guess what? They denied my request because the 65 year old H.R. guy told me riding a bike is not physical exercise. I was like, are you joking !! :shock: !! His other reason was everyone has one.

Any others feel bicycles should be covered under a wellness program?

Unless they have a policy I think his reasoning was WACK. Not everyone has a bicycle and riding burns SERIOUS calories.

Latest posts

Back