(WBO) Super - Sonic......1957 Chevy parts....finished, finished,, FINISHED!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Reaction score
After moving and trimming the handlebar sections, I came up with a milder but still space age looking set of handle bars.

IMG_1258.JPG

Yes, those ARE a set of rocket-L grips! After welding up the bars, I added an out of this world paint job.

IMG_12531.JPG

Reaction score
I built a lower mount in the Springer and installed a delta hawk light on it. Again, a bad idea, it just doesn't flow with the rest of the bike. BUT, I do have a wild triangular spaceship looking horn coming that should look real nice in place of the lower light.

IMG_12571.JPG

IMG_1256.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks mc! I have been having fun with it. Soon, I will need some decent weather to get out and get some quality pictures of it.

Reaction score
Finally, an update! I'm glad the snow is gone.... for awhile at least!! I got the new horn in and replaced my delta hawk light with this cool piece.

IMG_1261.JPG

The final piece of this bike is a hood rocket off of a 1957 Chevy that I have modified into a mirror.

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_12632.JPG

I really wanted to use a tall stem on the mirror so I could use it comfortably. The problem is, it looks out of place that high in the air. Tomorrow, I will cut the stem down a lot! At least I used a convex mirror head, so it should remain functional. Here are a couple of pictures of the bike as it sits now.

IMG_1259.JPG

IMG_12651.JPG

Reaction score
I should be able to get my final pictures posted sometime next week. As soon as I figure out some good locations and a better camera.

Reaction score
Love rockabilly music... thanks.

Reaction score
I got the mirror stem cut down, and I think it looks much better now.

IMG_12771.JPG

I don't dare add anything else at this point. I think I have reach the doo-dad limit for this build.

Reaction score
A work of art I love those handle bars
Thanks, they were fun to build. I must say though, adding that much length makes them flex quite abit at the original bends of the "ten speed bars". Still plenty rideable , just don't want to put all of my weight on them!

Latest posts