Western flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow thank you for the compliments guys! Much appreciated :) I mostly ran out of work to do to this bike, so I've been focusing on the "bike must be rideable" part of the build off :) rode into town for a pulled pork sammich and a couple cold ones for lunch today, then rode around a bit, found one scenic photo op...
yha5upaz.jpg
if its nice out ill probably ride it again tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to test ride a different bike this weekend so I didn't get any more miles on the build off bike but I did make a small but important addition to it. Here in New England it's necessary for a rat rod bike (or most any bike, really) to have some sort of beverage opening device and I found one I've never seen before at a flea market for a dollar so...
tuvavu6a.jpg
I guess that's why the seat frame has that little hole in it :)

nice looking bicycle man :rockout:

I have always wondered what the seat brace hole was for.
I still haven't found the right bottle opener for my build, but now I know where it's supposed to go.

Really, Reeally Nice! Glad you found a project for the fenders and like that you didn't have to repaint them. Hope to see it on a ride soon!

Joe

I've been riding this bike a lot, just need to get some good pics. I was gonna have someone with artistic talent and photography skills take pictures for me but that fell through so you're gonna get cel phone pics instead :) it rained all morning so I gave it a tune up, spokes needed about half a turn, the drive side rear hub bearing was a bit loose and the chain was dry, now it's done. I'll get some pics this week and post it to finished builds, for now here's an old truck behind my buddy's shop
he7uha7y.jpg

Latest posts

Back