What are you listening to?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Demo version:

Imagine if Phil Spector hadn't put his silly little fingers on End of the Century... It might have sounded like a Ramones album

A little Sleeping Beauty Waltz brings you down after all of that! From 1957, in genuine “spectra-sonic sound”.
818F0775-F08F-4BB4-AA83-04A1801C66F4.jpeg

And if you hold out through the Tschaikowsky you are rewarded with some Cole Porter and Hoagy Carmichael.
9EDBDB74-1313-4851-A6EB-211025513B9F.jpeg

Recorded on the classic Ampex 300 and cut on a world-standard Scully lathe. In 1957, this was state of the art for consumer audio. 500hz RIAA cross. Telefunken microphones! What more could you want!?

By the way, my iPhone did not like that spelling of Tschaikowsky (Tchaikowski) nor did it know how to spell Hoagy Carmichael (hoagie Carl Michael.)

This is not just a remastered compilation of old 78 RPM singles, but high has High Fidelity Hollywood tape recordings, made for the movies.

When they heard the roster of his his band, the question they asked Glenn Miller was, “How are you gonna keep the roof on?

7A92E31B-07A5-4AD8-A123-633E07FA0D66.jpeg

Young folks will find it hard to appreciate but these guys were not just top-notch musicians: they were the heavy-metal of their day.

When they un-muffled all those horns in an ordinary night club, it was unusually loud.

By the time that this was purchased at Duluth Air Force Base in the 1970s, it was far from popular music.
71E42FB1-75F5-4DA4-BABF-5A315C7EE362.jpeg

AFEX was the Air Force exchange service, commonly known as the BX.

Some years later I became a civilian truck driver for them, during the summer at school. This is when I discovered why the military is so expensive. But I can’t talk about it or they’ll have to kill me.

This is not just a remastered compilation of old 78 RPM singles, but high has High Fidelity Hollywood tape recordings, made for the movies.

When they heard the roster of his his band, the question they asked Glenn Miller was, “How are you gonna keep the roof on?

View attachment 220127

Young folks will find it hard to appreciate but these guys were not just top-notch musicians: they were the heavy-metal of their day.

When they un-muffled all those horns in an ordinary night club, it was unusually loud.

By the time that this was purchased at Duluth Air Force Base in the 1970s, it was far from popular music.
View attachment 220128
AFEX was the Air Force exchange service, commonly known as the BX.

Some years later I became a civilian truck driver for them, during the summer at school. This is when I discovered why the military is so expensive. But I can’t talk about it or they’ll have to kill me.
For me, I like all types of music. I play multiple instruments. In my opinion the big bands (especially Miller and Goodman) play stuff that is some of the best ever made. Their skills are so far beyond most. The fat, jazzy, powerful music is beyond compare. I like to think of them as musician's musicians.

For me, I like all types of music. I play multiple instruments. In my opinion the big bands (especially Miller and Goodman) play stuff that is some of the best ever made. Their skills are so far beyond most. The fat, jazzy, powerful music is beyond compare. I like to think of them as musician's musicians.
The BBC radio orchestra recordings of Miller’s music are about the best in the world, and until the British musicians stand up and say “Pennsylvania 65000” in a London accent, you wouldn’t know.

Except, that the fidelity of the recordings done by BBC in modern times are so much better than recordings of the 40s.

Latest posts

Back