What do you listen to when you build?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends.. What kind of "Building"
1. Fabricating, cutting,planning or anything that needs fresh ideas. Nothing just whatever shop noises are present
2. Assembly, Disassembly, or anything that has been planned already. Ranges from Classic Rock(whatever is on the radio), Lifehouse, Korn, Eve6, Tantric, and during Baseball Season the RAYS game.

Re: What do you listen to when you,,, build?

Pink Floyd, Stones (showin my age!) :mrgreen: , some blues & country. 8)

Oh man! Rage, System of a Down, Poison, Guns and Roses, Avenged Sevenfold, Joan Jett, Pink, Lacuna Coil, Papa Roach, Seether, Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Alice in Chains, REM, Tesla, Pixies, Pat Benatar, Billy Squier, etc etc etc.
I like to ROCK when I'm working! 8)

I always skated, surfed, Motocrossed, adrenaline junky, so I'm a fan of the late 80's early to mid 90's surf skate music, aka punk. Pennywise, NOFX, Minor Threat, something nice and crunchy now and then like a little Fear Factory, Hatebreed, Biohazard or Propain, Rammstein, that sort of thing. You know, something good and wholesome. 8)

The neighborhood kids riding their quads, scooters, gopeds, etc up and down the road in front of my house. They will be tinkerers like us.

the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world.jpg

I don't always listen to Metallica, But when I do Nothing Else Matters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcbAibPA2yY

It all depends upon the mood I’m in and the context of the build:

Cerebral mood: Antonio Vivaldi, Francisco de Peňalosa, Claudio Monteverdi, William Byrd, Johann Sebastian Bach, Philip Glass, etcetera

Brain Dead mood: Sex Pistols, Angelic Upstarts, Queen, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Santana, Rolling Stones, Rage Against the Machine, Björk, Rammstein, Cockney Rejects, etcetera

Free-spirited Creative mood: Miles Davis, Tito Puente, Weather Report, Charles Mingus, Eumir Deodato, Charlie Parker, Billie Holiday, etcetera

Ethno International mood: Sierra Leone’s Refugee All-Stars, Umsalofu, Vieux Diop, Zumi-Kai, Celia Cruz, Zaza Fouriner, Zizi Kango, Lars Frederiksen, Rubén Blades, etcetera

Everyday mood: NPR, BBC, NHK, Deutsche Welle, Radio Nacional de Espaňa, Dartmouth College Radio, etceteras

And silence when I’m stumped for its nonintrusive nature.

Anything with Blues Harmonica, can't get enough. For a change, Frank Zappa (I have at least 70 of his CD's), or maybe Porcupine Tree.

Pandora on my cell plugged into the stereo, with everything ranging from Slayer to Frank Sinatra to Elvis to Beatles to Hank Williams to Louis Armstrong to Hank III to Carl Perkins to Pantera to David Allen Co to Run DMC to Louis Prima to Black label society to Street sweeper social club to Ralph Stanley to the Drop kick murpheys to John Mellencamp to White Zombie to Reverend Horton heat to The Man In Black to Anthrax to Beastie Boys to what ever else may happen to come on, unless Im not in that mood then I skip it. Need to add Tesla to it. Love the variety that comes with the shuffle on pandora. :D

Right now:
X, the Humpers, the Devil Dogs, Bad Brains, Genuine Rust, Subhumans, Fear, Black Flag, SSD, Love, the Calamitiez, Hayride to H***, Scream, and MC5. That'll probably change by tomorrow afternoon though.

Wow! You got some range brother.That's awesome. :shock: :wink: :mrgreen:

Onewheelsqueel said:
Pandora on my cell plugged into the stereo, with everything ranging from Slayer to Frank Sinatra to Elvis to Beatles to Hank Williams to Louis Armstrong to Hank III to Carl Perkins to Pantera to David Allen Co to Run DMC to Louis Prima to Black label society to Street sweeper social club to Ralph Stanley to the Drop kick murpheys to John Mellencamp to White Zombie to Reverend Horton heat to The Man In Black to Anthrax to Beastie Boys to what ever else may happen to come on, unless Im not in that mood then I skip it. Need to add Tesla to it. Love the variety that comes with the shuffle on pandora. :D

Back