What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charity ride on my local rail trail, took the Shelby
IMG_5405.jpeg
IMG_5403.jpeg

Had to drive the kid to the lake so he could meet his friends and try out the SUP board he got for his birthday in January. I took the opportunity to instead of waiting to pick them up for the way back take the Wolverine for a spin through the near Grunewald.
Was in such a good flow all 33km that I completely forgot to take a picture until I got the bike back in the roof rack for the way back home... 🙄
IMG_20240608_183926591.jpg

IMG_20240608_183937302.jpg

Six years this thread has been rolling and we've got 150 pages with 2991 posts. Actually feels pretty good being a part of this website. You guys keep it rolling.

GC.

Thanks for starting this cool thread Carl!

1717902520787.png

I never get tired of seeing the big cargo ships pass along River Street

20240608_211028.jpg

So, here are the two I rode recently:

1983 Romet Orion - 26", coaster brakes, good-old communist-era all-rounder
View attachment 269017

and a late 80s Villiger Gottardo, a Swiss 28er - a roadie/touring bike with 8-speed Suntour Vx setup (original).
View attachment 269018
I like the juxtapose comparison. The Romet "all-rounder" with the longer wheel base more relaxed frame (space between the rear tire and seat post for tire pump) and the tighter/shorter wheel base Villiger. Bikes for all occasions!!..... Yay......🎉

Took FOOLIGAN out for my first ride with the Mooneyes on it.

20240612_124801.jpg

Recreational toys have gone full circle at our house,
Took the sons new scooter for a ride,
I’d have to say these are not for the faint hearted,
It feels like your arms are getting pulled from your shoulders, I brought this for my son’s 14th bday, ive now sat him down and tried drumming into his head the mistake ive made and how careful he has to be, these absolutely fly,
This “Dragon Raptor “ dual motor, has a peak of 3.6Kw, specs say 62km top speed, he gets 65km… I only get 58km being lots heavier,
This scooter is only low-mid range performance, they go right up, ive some Korean models at 13.0Kw and 130kph+ respectively
I now want one too… a really fast one, with red paint not yellow
IMG_0524.jpeg

Recreational toys have gone full circle at our house,
Took the sons new scooter for a ride,
I’d have to say these are not for the faint hearted,
It feels like your arms are getting pulled from your shoulders, I brought this for my son’s 14th bday, ive now sat him down and tried drumming into his head the mistake ive made and how careful he has to be, these absolutely fly,
This “Dragon Raptor “ dual motor, has a peak of 3.6Kw, specs say 62km top speed, he gets 65km… I only get 58km being lots heavier,
This scooter is only low-mid range performance, they go right up, ive some Korean models at 13.0Kw and 130kph+ respectively
I now want one too… a really fast one, with red paint not yellow
View attachment 269479

😂😂😂This is exactly why I avoid 2 wheel things with motors. I love speed!! Especially on 2 wheels. I'm hazardous enough to my health without a motor......🤓

The latest iteration of Buzz Rocket, my '98 Schwinn Heavy Duti.

Lean and mean

IMG_7856.jpg

IMG_7858.jpg

I've owned three different versions of the Heavy Duti and this one is my favorite. It is built like a tank and is the only one with the straight bar.

I dress him up based on my many moods...... Somewhat like George.

This is Morning mist.

IMG_7861.jpg

This is two eighteen-packs to the beach.

IMG_5383.jpg

Specialized RockHopper FS.
aluminum frame. Purchased for $40 about 20 years ago. Had to walk it home as it had 2 flats. Replaced bb, hub cones, grips, shifters, brake levers, chain, tires, tubes, stem, seat. Some $200 more. Been a great all purpose bike. Commuter for years. Taken on vacations from the Everglades while avoiding alligators, to Tennessee where the Barkley is run and Big's Back Yard Ultra, ridden many times along the Mississippi River Trail and Ragbrai. The previous owner related a story of it getting stolen one night from his second story apartment porch only to find it returned the next day. Someone desperately needed to get somewhere. If I could only have 1 bike this would be in the running.

Today's ride +-90F, high winds. Stopped to watch some flood control levee construction where a bike path used to be.
Specialized.RockHopperFS (1).JPEG

Was a great day for a quick blat down the road, took to “Direction Unknown” with a rag and gave it a clean, she came up looking fabulous 😎View attachment 269137

And still looks great even photographed from the left, its the start of our winter down under, you wouldn’t think so 😂😂😂View attachment 269138
Think I’ll be moving up north soon! Coldest morning down south for years.

Was a great day for a quick blat down the road, took to “Direction Unknown” with a rag and gave it a clean, she came up looking fabulous 😎View attachment 269137

And still looks great even photographed from the left, its the start of our winter down under, you wouldn’t think so 😂😂😂View attachment 269138
The latest iteration of Buzz Rocket, my '98 Schwinn Heavy Duti.

Lean and mean

View attachment 269935

View attachment 269936

I've owned three different versions of the Heavy Duti and this one is my favorite. It is built like a tank and is the only one with the straight bar.

I dress him up based on my many moods...... Somewhat like George.

This is Morning mist.

View attachment 269937

This is two eighteen-packs to the beach.

View attachment 269938

My HD has been through at least 10 reincarnations and awaiting it next one. They are a tough frame.

Back