What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice winter day here in Brisbane. Perfect for a pedal.

lm2024.jpg

Last edited:
This afternoon I had some errands to attend to, so I took the Giant Fastroad. I hit a new PB of 65kph down the hill into the estate.
Stopped for a pic on the way home. It's no race bike, but it always reminds me how fast modern bikes are. It really hammers.

DSC_0972.JPG

And I can measure it.
fastroad2.jpg

Then, after that, for 'something completely different', I took 'The Boss' out for a bit of off-road skiddage as well. It's slow, but un-stoppable. There is a nice green corridor between housing estates near mine. Tres 26x4 fun.

Boss.jpg

omg, I drooled when I saw the Hot Donuts truck. I would be there every day.
I haven’t see that truck in a few years as I believe they were having it restored. The smell coming from it was intoxicating and I didn’t have any cash or a cc with me. I was shattered. I promised myself I wouldn’t punish myself the next time I went by it.

The truck has been there since 1950. As a kid my dad would take me to work on a Saturday morning and would reward me with a bag of 6 hot jam doughnuts. I would scoff them down in a flash.

Back