where'd you username come from?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outlaw, well since i started riding choppers back in 1967 and i ran with a bunch of 1%er's i just called myself Outlaw. so that is about it. i don't ride chops anymore and most people call me either John or JW.

Outlaw :)

sensor said:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2471&hilit=screen+name

whoops :oops: . as i was mowing the lawn today i was just think about some of the funny/creative usernames on here and i stopped midway, came in and started this topic. guess i got in my zone and just couldnt wait to hear the storys behind them. so i didnt even think to do a search to see if there was already a topic. sorry guys. is there anyway we can merge the two?

p.s. pretty good backrounds as i expected :lol:

Nothing exciting or very interesting about mine. I've just always been a bit of a black sheep in life. I also used to really love watching "Black Sheep Sqaudron". Pappy was cool. 8)

I have worked in an engineering garage for the last 16 years. Many of the people I work with have been my coworkers for many years and people tend to give you nicknames. I have never been able to get people to call me just Tom, its always Tommy,which I dont mind cause it makes me feel young. One day a good friend said whats that song by tommy two time called? I replied "do you mean Tommytwotone? It kinda became something he would say when walking by and soon others heard him saying it so it just kinda stuck as my shop nickname. I dont mind and Im glad they dont call me Twotone cause growing up,I really hated the 867-5309 Jenny song.

Watched a cheesy Afternoon Special years ago about the hazards of huffing paint and gasoline, and I have a few Huffy bikes hanging around so I came up with a lame pun as a name. Cheers

001.jpg

well, I guess the picture tells it all, my name is chuck and I drive a truck

020.jpg

I would rather ride this at the beach, but when I'm on the road I ride my trasher bike

Well, I'm a bit of a smart@$$, and I like puns and plays-on-words, so I usually try to come up with names for forums that sound like real names, but are really just words that work together. Like "Justin Tyme", for example (go ahead, say it out loud... :lol: ).
Thus Hammond Eggz - "ham and eggs" - I'm running an avatar now with a picture of them, since people were PMing me as if my first name was Hammond (sorry, guys!).

Sean is my first name and 138 comes from a Misfits song. "We are 138" :)

Dangratsdan
The name is a spinoff of a nick name given to me by a lady friend back in the mid 1970s, "Dangerous Dan". She came up with the name based on my mild non theatening personality and my need for speed ( I like to drive fast with out getting caught).
OK, her real nickname for me was "Dangerous Dan the Pizza Man", because of the above and back then I ate a lot of pizza, some 35 years later and 60 lbs heavier I dont eat as much pizza.
Man, I think Im hungry for a pizza,.. yea...black olive, mushroom, sausage...hmmmm....... to share with Terrible Terri where ever she may be...

from senator john kerry - when he was campaigning for president - he was always being accused of :arrow: "backpedaling" :wink:

Mine is similar to Greylock's. Grey haired old surfer. Hence Grey and Stoked. (Apologies to Edgar Rice Burrows- "Tarzan"). Though surf has been pretty flat here on Lake Michigan for the last couple of weeks. Fall's big waves are a coming. Brian

Hammond Eggz said:
Well, I'm a bit of a smart@$$, and I like puns and plays-on-words, so I usually try to come up with names for forums that sound like real names, but are really just words that work together. Like "Justin Tyme", for example (go ahead, say it out loud... :lol: ).
Thus Hammond Eggz - "ham and eggs" - I'm running an avatar now with a picture of them, since people were PMing me as if my first name was Hammond (sorry, guys!).

HaH i alway figured your name was Hammond too :lol:

I've been skateboarding for going on ten years now, plus I collected old skateboards before I got into bikes. I saw this old Nash, and liked the name.

nskate1.jpg

thesuicideride said:
Hammond Eggz said:

HaH i alway figured your name was Hammond too :lol:

Yeah, I got that a lot - so i thought I'd better clarify things here while I had the chance! :mrgreen:

mine is simple i used to be into vws really heavy when i first got into on line stuff. so karfer (yea i know it is spelled wrong and that just sorta stuck too) means bug in german and 67 is not for the bug i just sold it is actually my number. it just comes up all the time in my life some of you on here have seen it happen to me.

Back