wide 26" tires?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah the only thing i can think of, and i think he referenced it in one of the above posts, is that the tape measure wasn't centered and it wasn't butted up against the metal giving a slightly false reading. that also along with what udall said (not sure of the width of an S2 rim) prob makes it look a little off.

udallcustombikes said:
If the tires are mounted on 3" (80mm) rims they will be closer to the 3.45 measurement. I had mine mounted on 1.75" or 2" rims so they are narrower and the tire has more "sidewall" profile.

I'm following you now Cameron! Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was confused there for a little bit!

udallcustombikes said:
If the tires are mounted on 3" (80mm) rims they will be closer to the 3.45 measurement. I had mine mounted on 1.75" or 2" rims so they are narrower and the tire has more "sidewall" profile.
I wonder what it would take to use 26" rims and tires on a prewar 28"er frame and cause the tire profile to be tall enough to keep the fender and frame clearances looking correct. Maybe 26" tires on 3/4" rims? There would likely be a ton of trial and error with different combinations.

Back