Will a 20x4 Tire fit a 3G springer?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to put a fatter tire on this 3G springer. If the fork spacing is equal to the tire size (4") will it fit with a little air pressure adjustment? Has anyone successfully fitted equally spaced parts like this?
3G_Linkage_18Lbs.png
1719412359777.png

I know there was a build way way back (like 12 years ago where someone tested putting the OCC Stingray 20x4 tires on regular bmx 20" rims. It definitely made the tires narrower and taller and I am pretty sure he took measurements and such.
Your best bet is to try and mount that tire on a small 20 rim and see how skinny it can get.

My guess is that tire probably won't squeeze enough to fit. It appears to have a pretty thick and wide tread, so it probably won't crown up like a thin occ stingray 20x4 tire will.

My guess is that tire probably won't squeeze enough to fit. It appears to have a pretty thick and wide tread, so it probably won't crown up like a thin occ stingray 20x4 tire will.
Agreed. I think even on say a 2.5 rim it just won’t pull in enough

Back