WINONA RIDER: finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plan D is to use a wire hanger, and bend two loops that will hold the orb in the same way an old lampshade would clip onto a lightbulb. More on that later...

20230712_205731.jpg
20230712_205807.jpg

Last edited:
Should be able to get a test ride in tomorrow. Holding off on mounting the chainguard... but wanted to do a quick mockup just to see progress.

20230711_234836.jpg
20230711_235521.jpg
20230712_172036.jpg

Apologies for the chaos in the background.

My build:

Screenshot_20230713-013955_Google.jpg

My workspace:

Screenshot_20230713-013503_Google.jpg

Last edited:
all this poking fun at mental affliction is a bit icky. Sorry to be a downer
Ahhh, not meant to be that. I will find a different comparison. Don't watch much tv, so didn't realize the context of that series of photos. Thought she was having a bit of fun. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Ahhh, not meant to be that. I will find a different comparison. Don't watch much tv, so didn't realize the context of that series of photos. Thought she was having a bit of fun. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
I thought to PM you on this after posting but I got spanked by admin and lost my "delete" privileges. Didn't mean to make it a thing. Good lookin out. I loved me some Veronica Sawyer in the 80s.

I thought to PM you on this after posting but I got spanked by admin and lost my "delete" privileges. Didn't mean to make it a thing. Good lookin out. I loved me some Veronica Sawyer in the 80s.
Honestly, I am glad you said something. There is a significant lack of dignity and respect (in society) regarding women in general, but especially those grappling with mental health issues, and/or the byproducts of said societal disregard.

Thank you for calling that out. Though it wasn't my intent, I see how it could be seen as such and that should be called out whenever it presents itself. It's wild too, that people will defend their disrespect or ask for reasons why they shouldn't be decent and compassionate human beings. Smh...anyway, thank you @Ride 'em High 🙏

Was going through parts for the next portion of my build, and I found the remnants of this stem.

20230711_210346.jpg
20230711_210350.jpg

It is cracked, so it won't be used for it's original purpose again. However, it might just become a shifter knob on a future project. It has a really nice 'pistol-grip' feel to it.

20230711_210340.jpg
20230711_210420.jpg
20230711_210423.jpg

Here we go! One to use as a prototype, the other for the final. I think this will work really well, and it will be discreet and secure. I will need to pull the cirve tighter, but this is pretty much exact execution of my idea. Basically creating a sling-cage to hold the orb in place. The curve will be slightly smaller than the diameter I need, so that there is a spring coil effect for tension, i want more of a talon looking wrap of the wire, rather than a full ring around the circumference. Should look pretty sweet

20230713_132903.jpg
20230713_151153.jpg
20230713_151226.jpg
20230713_151947.jpg

I may disassemble a mini flashlight and use the reflector cup. If I mount it as a 'cap' on the part of the orb nestled in the steertube, it should stay concealed and provide more reflective light to make the orb glow. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

So many cool ideas and details incorporated into this build, it just keeps getting better and better! I love the headlight filling the space in front of the reversed stem. And the glowing orb is groovy, baby, yeah! Nice build. :113:
Thanks Pondo! I am really happy that it all seems to be working out.

Looks good, a flat stainless or polished washer might stop ya from losing it! will look totally sick if you can get that light in there!

would something like this be bright enough, and be able to fit inside the head tube, to shine on the Orb,
Just an idea,

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 12.03.24 pm.png

Last edited:
Looks good, a flat stainless or polished washer might stop ya from losing it! will look totally sick if you can get that light in there!

would something like this be bright enough, and be able to fit inside the head tube, to shine on the Orb,
Just an idea,

View attachment 240895

Have this little Duracell flashlight that I am robbing the reflector from.

20230713_194340.jpg
20230713_194341.jpg

I will probably get an LED kit with a switch and light already attached (usually modeling sized for streetlights and such). Going to get everything assembled on the bike then attend to lighting if I have time left over.

Wow, that was fun catching up on over 10 pages of cool work. Great build going on. Great colors and blend of parts.

Back