You in with what?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have enough frames, and parts to do about 15 builds. ;)
Although ,
Will Not be building anything for this year's build off.:bigboss:
Y'All Enjoy :)

Also: around 50 complete bicycles waiting for attention.:headbang:

probably about only 30 left that are finished.

Well, if other things in lfe.. slow down abit & get caught up on all that has gotten out ofhand ;
I might thriw something together before the end of it all.

Build Off 18 Build Up...from, the BACK40.

My build is going to be assembling a JC Higgins from all the odd & end Higgins parts I've accumulated over time. Low key and sure to be way at the bottom of the voting. My build will get a bunch of parts moved off the shelves that aren't all that special and with no concern about where it places. So maybe just take a look at what's on the shelves and build from there. I'll race you to the bottom.

Last edited:
This just in from the Back 40:
austin-powers-and-mojo.jpg

My build is going to be assembling a JC Higgins from all the odd & end Higgins parts I've accumulated over time. Low key and sure to be way at the bottom of the voting. My build will get a bunch of parts moved off the shelves that aren't all that special and with no concern about where it places. So maybe just take a look at what's on the shelves and build from there. I'll race you to the bottom.
I did that last build off all parts lying around sometimes that turn out better than expected
IMG_20220916_232708327.jpg

Every part I had already minus the stem I built it for under 100 most

I did that last build off all parts lying around sometimes that turn out better than expected View attachment 229336
"Second coolest bike in town?"
Duck Norris

I'm tempted to drag out my SK since everyone seems ok with bikes entering with minor false starts. I had started fitting a convertible tank to it almost a year and a half ago but shoved the parts in the corner when last year's build off started. I was concerned then that it would be perceived as cheating so I changed course.

If no one has a problem with it being resurrected, I could drag it back out instead of having to wait a month or more for the molds to be finished for my new tanks. But, to be clear, I did cut the tank to fit the frame back in January 2022, so if that is out of bounds, I totally understand.
Nah, ok with me

I did that last build off all parts lying around sometimes that turn out better than expected View attachment 229336
That was pretty much how I built mine too, with parts on hand. I've got a couple of other choices to build, that I still might switch to, but I'm getting kind of tired moving the Higgins parts around when I'm digging into my stash.

Having spent many years riding/racing mountain bikes, this is my first full suspension bike!! From 1938! It came with the original, broken fork and what I believe are heavier springs. Should be a lot of fun learning how to get everything working smoothly. :thumbsup: View attachment 229312
Oh SNAP! Hope you can get that original fork saved, even if it's not used on this particular build.

Gorgeous!

Yesterday was 'kings day' in the Netherlands.
Lots of street sales, so I kept eyeballing for 'buildoff suited materials'.
Found a mirror for 6 euros:

20230427_113845.jpg

20230427_113852.jpg

Don't know from which car this is.

20230427_202546.jpg

20230427_202553.jpg

Removed the mirror (almost falling off) and looked at that beautiful shape.

Would make for a great stem...if strong enough....
headlight?

My hands are itching to start on the buildoff. Lots of ideas!

Last edited:
Gorgeous!

Yesterday was 'kings day' in the Netherlands.
Lots of street sales, so I kept eyeballing for 'buildoff suited materials'.
Found a mirror for 6 euros:

View attachment 229384
View attachment 229385
Don't know from which car this is.

View attachment 229386
View attachment 229387
Removed the mirror (almost falling off) and looked at that beautiful shape.

Would make for a great stem...if strong enough....
headlight?

My hands are itching to start on the buildoff. Lots of ideas!
BRE, my brother and sister-in-law are in Amsterdam and celebrated your King's Day! Orange garb and all!

Oh SNAP! Hope you can get that original fork saved, even if it's not used on this particular build.

Agreed! It will be saved & returned to it's original location. When, hard to say. I may contact someone who takes pride in doing that kind of thing during the build. My top priority is making sure the frame is solid. Won't know what's going on there until I break the bike down in May.......🤷‍♂️

Build Off 18 Build Up...from, the BACK40.

I got inspiration for you OJ, break out the welder again! I loved your gender swap build.
I would have commented on YouTube, but with it set to kids, all comments get turned off...

I got inspiration for you OJ, break out the welder again! I loved your gender swap build.
I would have commented on YouTube, but with it set to kids, all comments get turned off...
Thanks Luke! You actually kind of read my mind. I have a young friend at the bike shop who is in a welding class, and has already built a frame jig. I just don't know how much time he would have to collaborate on a build.... works at the shop, goes to school, trying to nurture his full-time relationship, and they just bought a house last Fall!

Hope you are well! Great to hear from you!

OJ

Back