Recent content by myjeepcherokee

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

The Rusty Higgins

Did some more work on the higgins today....welded up a gas tank to match the frame, still need to clean up the welds on the filler neck, but I like how it looks in the frame!
  2. M

The Rusty Higgins

I was wanting to do some riding today, so I threw some parts on the higgins to get it road worthy....still need to get the front light re-mounted, build a gas tank, chop the fenders, etc....but at least its rideable!
  3. M

The Rusty Higgins

yep, the truss rods are homemade...5/16" steel rod and some scrap plate steel...
  4. M

The Rusty Higgins

Couldn't hardly wait to start on this Higgins that I got from Walker earlier this week. I love the rusty patina of this bike and am thinking about keeping the "fresh from the barn" theme going. I'm wanting to build this as a turn of the century touring motorcycle. The headlight is off an old...
  5. M

Homemade Truss Rods

I'm wanting to put a set of truss rods on my new Higgins crusiner...I'm looking for some ideas on how to fabricate them...what have you guys done!?!
  6. M

J.C. Higgins Flightliner Build

Soooo close to being done...just need to tidy up the wiring and the cables, then recheck all the fasteners, then maybe a test drive on sunday!
  7. M

Some changes to the Flightliner

Good luck finding one exactly like it, clinton engines like the one this my came from are a tad rare, I'm pretty sure I made a few clinton engine collectors mad in the process of my build! :D I also had to make the bracket and fabricate the straps that hold it...good luck!
  8. M

Some changes to the Flightliner

Hey...thats a picture of my gas tank from my flightliner! Glad I could contribute something to the biking world!
  9. M

I did some more work on the higgins today, made this vintage looking air filter and installed the tail light. The filter is from an old clinton engine that I cut down and modified to fit. The tail light I found at rural king, I had to install a new socket, 6v bulb and do some sanding on it to...
  10. M

Got some more work done tonight...tomorrow I'm going to try to get the rear tire a little more clearance between it an the fender...Not bad for a first time builder!
  11. M

Please excuse my mess...too cold to work out in my shop today! Got one tire installed...it is rubbing a little, I'll have to raise the rear fender a bit...but I'm loving the look of the tires already!
  12. M

More work today on the Flightliner, fabricated a bracket and a couple straps to mount the gas tank behind the seat. Tank is from an old 1950's Clinton engine....I also have an air filter from it which I'll also be installing.
  13. M

Yep you caught me....I'm a cabinet maker! I'm going to be using the original wheels, and some vintage looking all white tires...they will be here tomorrow...
  14. M

Thought some of you guys might enjoy seeing the progress of my 1950's J.C. Higgins custom....first time bike builder let me know how I'm doing! Saw this bike at an auction, fell in love with it and took it home for the bank breaking sum of $1.00....
Back