24" Terminator

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still standing on hammer.

1353814417.jpg

Been collecting my scrap parts and putting them together. So far this is what I have done. Also I had a idea for this shifter for 10 or 15 speeds. Grip shifter and thumb shifter. Kind of like motorcycle gas pedal.

1353893581.jpg

1353891005.jpg

This build is looking awesome! I love the stance of the bike.

In regards to the hammer kickstand. You may want to put tires on before you decide on the length you need. It was MazdaFlyer that did the kickstand you're talking about for his Hammered Higgins RRBBO7 build. Here are the details in his build thread.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=58135&start=135&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=hammer

kingfish254 said:
This build is looking awesome! I love the stance of the bike.

In regards to the hammer kickstand. You may want to put tires on before you decide on the length you need. It was MazdaFlyer that did the kickstand you're talking about for his Hammered Higgins RRBBO7 build. Here are the details in his build thread.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=58135&start=135&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=hammer

Yea that's why I leave it there until I get tire and it holds bike up. Thank you for this link.

I like your idea about the grip/thumb combo for the front and rear derailleurs.

Stickshifts are cooler though!!!!!

Second thought on loaf seat, banana seat still look better. I finally found three sets of three cassette gears sprockets for one piece crank arm. I also found 7 gears cassette hub 36 spokes and 24x1.75 36 holes rims. I got all of them for free by clean up some old lady's backyard of bikes junkyard. Those three sprocket seem are different offsets. I would need slick tire to pick right one. Hoping, I will be able to make this bike to have 21 speeds. Not sure yet.

I checked all my wheels gears, I only have one wheel wit 6 cassette gear that doesn't seize that is spinning freely. Rest other are junk. This wheel is 26". I also found black 24x1.75 36 holes. I was told that 36 spokes are stronger and better. Is it good idea swap 26" cassette hub to 24" rim? For my curious, 26" rear wheel does fit nicely in there. Still have penalty rooms.

1354659039.jpg

1354659050.jpg

freddyfingaz said:
Thanks. I will measure for my curious. I'm not planning to use 26".

Glad to hear! I just think that would raise the bike too much, as the bike is with a 24, the bottom bracket is fairly high, putting a bigger tire on the rear would jack it up even more...

LukeTheJoker said:
freddyfingaz said:
Thanks. I will measure for my curious. I'm not planning to use 26".

Glad to hear! I just think that would raise the bike too much, as the bike is with a 24, the bottom bracket is fairly high, putting a bigger tire on the rear would jack it up even more...

Agreed. The reason why I'm curious is because there are few people wanting build 26" eliminator from scratch. I'm just see if it's possible on my eliminator

I just measured drop out to 1 7/8" width of fender cross member is 13 1/2". Drop out to 2 3/4" width of brake cross member is 13 1/4". I'm guessing 26 1/2" jerald divided by two is 13 1/4". Very close, neither move brake or skinny 26" tires should work. Lol

1354695457.jpg

Two sprocket of three gears are 28, 38, 48 teeth. My other one is 30, 39, 50 teeth. I wanted 28, 38, 52 teeth. I used 30 teeth from mountain bike on schwinn varsity ten speed 39, 52 teeth sprocket. I also use crankarm from my old bmx. It's fat and 7" that really look good with OCC pedals. I'm planning to rethread smaller to make them fit. Unfortunately, "chuck key" (whatever you call it) is too short to hold all those with original eliminator sprocket cover. Shoot! Is there some kind adapter that makes chuck key taller? I really like this crankarm.

1354696862.jpg

1354697218.jpg

looking good there,I think 24" rear with fat tyre and 27" front with skinny would look aewsome (70's chopper style)plus banana seat(breadbox makes it too short and fat looking,in my opinion)I would use only rear gears 5-6speed which ever cluster you have would keep it clean and tidy but more gears mean more speed = more fun (oh and gota have a speedometer)

Dunno where you live, but if you can find a member on here that is close to you and has a welder, pretty sure they would fix that chank arm issue for a couple of beers...

Or, if you live near a trade school that has welding courses, drop in on a friday afternoon and see if any of the students have finished their projects early, normally the teachers are more than willing to get the student to do a little welding for walk-in's just to keep them out of thier hair... Happened all the time when I was there, the bonus is, if you get the student(s) that are finished early, they are normally the best of the class... :D

Luke.

Endlesschain said:
looking good there,I think 24" rear with fat tyre and 27" front with skinny would look aewsome (70's chopper style)plus banana seat(breadbox makes it too short and fat looking,in my opinion)I would use only rear gears 5-6speed which ever cluster you have would keep it clean and tidy but more gears mean more speed = more fun (oh and gota have a speedometer)

Yea Im trying combo muscle/dragster/chopper together. I thought loaf seat will look good but I'm wrong. I don't like it neither. Maybe for smaller bike. I just want to experience all gears to find one that I like. I never liked speedometer. Not my thing.

Back