24" Terminator

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LukeTheJoker said:
Dunno where you live, but if you can find a member on here that is close to you and has a welder, pretty sure they would fix that chank arm issue for a couple of beers...

Or, if you live near a trade school that has welding courses, drop in on a friday afternoon and see if any of the students have finished their projects early, normally the teachers are more than willing to get the student to do a little welding for walk-in's just to keep them out of thier hair... Happened all the time when I was there, the bonus is, if you get the student(s) that are finished early, they are normally the best of the class... :D

Luke.

Thats actually good idea. :D

Yea I need to add my hometown profile. I just don't know where it is. Lol

You could take a look at what Pic did on his Grandson's 20" Eliminator
He got a bigger (and taller) tire/wheel and kept the stance nice and low
Eliminators have a flat drop out that's just aching to be modified
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56446&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=105
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=61076

I designed a bolt-on extended drop out for my eliminator too
That's a 24" Jerald in a 20" frame
Wheelframedropout.jpg

Just a thought...

i have considered extending the Drops on my stingray, for a longer wheel base balance it more to the center of the frame.. its gonna be a motorbike :)

freddyfingaz said:
College welder lol. Hope it will work.

Hmmm, a bit rough... Hope it works out for you!

Edit: Feeling sorry I suggested it now... If we lived closer would come on over and fix it myself...

I've got a large quantity of spare crank arms just sitting around. If you have measurements, I probably have several options for ones that will work for next to nothing.

Jpromo said:
I've got a large quantity of spare crank arms just sitting around. If you have measurements, I probably have several options for ones that will work for next to nothing.

I might be interested. I'm looking for one piece fat (similar my cankarm) chrome crank arm with taller Chuck key enough to hold two sprockets and 7" arm length.

and three schwinn varsity crank arm for my dad.

freddyfingaz said:
Endlesschain said:
looking good there,I think 24" rear with fat tyre and 27" front with skinny would look aewsome (70's chopper style)plus banana seat(breadbox makes it too short and fat looking,in my opinion)I would use only rear gears 5-6speed which ever cluster you have would keep it clean and tidy but more gears mean more speed = more fun (oh and gota have a speedometer)

Yea Im trying combo muscle/dragster/chopper together. I thought loaf seat will look good but I'm wrong. I don't like it neither. Maybe for smaller bike. I just want to experience all gears to find one that I like. I never liked speedometer. Not my thing.

its coming along nice,speedo's you either love or hate them,I mostly hate them but some look good on choppers,some mounted high on the handlebar with chrome cabling some mounted on the fork with only a short cable,guess it depends on the bike,sounds like your build is gona be a pretty fast cruiser,good luck

Endlesschain said:
its coming along nice,speedo's you either love or hate them,I mostly hate them but some look good on choppers,some mounted high on the handlebar with chrome cabling some mounted on the fork with only a short cable,guess it depends on the bike,sounds like your build is gona be a pretty fast cruiser,good luck

Why you hate it? This bike would be my first with several gears.

Done turning, thread relief groove and rethread OCC pedals to 1/2-20. Now crankset is fit and looking good! After mock up, I will tear everything apart to polish, dry flim, and paint. Next would be rear wheel works. :D

1355296212.jpg

1355300065.jpg

I just test original crank arm. It has better fit. But I still want gt crank arm. I will try my mountain bike crank arm tomorrow. I think I will keep look for different crank arm.

1355390948.jpg

1355390984.jpg

Back