24" Terminator

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this under clamp for $7 at LBS. That will tuck in more than older one.

1355438733.jpg

freddyfingaz said:
Endlesschain said:
its coming along nice,speedo's you either love or hate them,I mostly hate them but some look good on choppers,some mounted high on the handlebar with chrome cabling some mounted on the fork with only a short cable,guess it depends on the bike,sounds like your build is gona be a pretty fast cruiser,good luck

Why you hate it? This bike would be my first with several gears.

I love the build,I was talking about the speedo's that I mostly hate,not your build,thats why I was saying its gona be a quick cruiser :D

Glad u like it. I fell in love with it. Its gonna be bad. For crank arm, I have cool idea. Since I'm machinist.. why not make my own. Hehe :D. But gonna be a while tho. I will worry about it later. I gotta get start on rear wheel.

Just picked those parts for $20 total at project bikes shop. Mostly for my son's 16" eliminator. Too bad axles are too wide.

1355629395.jpg

1355629423.jpg

1355629468.jpg

1355629445.jpg

I dont think I want use solid tires wheels because they are very heavy. Stingrays 16" is much lighter

Finished true rear wheel and put gears on and chrome cover. However I'm wondering if I trued wheel wrong because it look like it is not centered. Is this normal for 6 gears? And I'm wondering if I can redo true wheel again to get it more centered?

Psst, I might gonna change ape hanger back to taller cuz this doesn't look good with banana

1355634665.jpg

1355721706.jpg

1355721811.jpg

Freddy, to really get that centering right (The dish) you need a dish tool. Clusters require different length spokes on each side, and a dish tool will help you keep those spokes to set the rim exactly between the two set nuts on the hubs axle.

CRASH said:
Freddy, to really get that centering right (The dish) you need a dish tool. Clusters require different length spokes on each side, and a dish tool will help you keep those spokes to set the rim exactly between the two set nuts on the hubs axle.

Thank for head up. I really need start investment on bicycle tools kit. I'm getting sick of trips to LBS to use their tools.

Almost fit!!! Hoping add one more chain linkage will gives enough clearance for tire air to be fill. The reason why I didn't post new build of it is because I'm leaving it on my dad's hand because I don't want get carried away too far like I do with bikes. Lol

1355870373.jpg

Failed attempt making my own crankarm. Lol. The lathe I have access is too old crap that doesn't do well with making threads and I think true threads for crankarm is very important . Otherwise it would damages bearing rings. I guess that mean hunting for right crank arm or forget about eliminator chain guard.

This is how I true my wheel and dish tool it.

1356173859.jpg

Check out draintrain. Haven't tight gear yet cuz one spoke is too short. Still need go back lbs then true it

1356177669.jpg

I moved it little bit to center but not too much. Trying make rooms for 18speed and 24" jerald.

1356177757.jpg

Changed handle bar back. I picked this chrome sissy bar for $15 look little better. Maybe longer banana.

1356177685.jpg

I'm brainstorming on brake system. I want something is hidden to keep it look smooth. In my junkyard, I have mountain long rockers brake that I'm thinking about under mount it the frame or I also have a set of disc brakes from old bmx but I hear disc brakes doesnt do its job. Or use both disc brake and mountain long rocker brake together. And maybe levelers from motorcycle that has longer leveler. I'm open to for any advices.

You could do v-brakes under the bottom rear of the frame that would be hidden an a disc out front

Back