Auction Bike - Builder Found!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just curious, anyone know what happened to last year's auction bike? Is anyone building one this year??? :?:

Re: Auction Bike

udallcustombikes said:
I sent last year's to California. Like the one before it may never be seen again. Kinda disappointing. No builders have stepped up to build one this year. How about you, pick?

Man, I'd love to, but....... Between work, my job, & largely neglected work around the house, I don't think I can swing it this year. I would be glad to help if anyone else wants to step up.

I nominate "kingfish254" for this year's auction bike build, any seconds??? :lol: :lol:

pick said:
I nominate "kingfish254" for this year's auction bike build, any seconds??? :lol: :lol:

SAY WHAT??

Why not the top 5 in the build off do a bike just like on the show HHhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm :idea:

There have been two auction bikes built so far, one in 2010 and one in 2011. The bikes were real life versions of the bikes on that years RRB t-shirts. I had the honor of working on the second bike. The parts were donated by members and the proceeds went to Steve (Rat Rod) to support the site.

First Auction BikeThe build Finished Pics

Second Auction Bike The Build Finished Pics

I think any old bike that is fixed up cool, with donated parts would be acceptable. The whole concept is to raise some $$ for Steve to help with the site that we all love! Something really radical would be awesome! I am willing to donate powder coating of some parts, but probably not a frame like last year. Shipping back & forth would not be cost effective. Everyone seems to like to watch the progress as it comes together, & suggestions from the members at large is really what makes it interesting to me. On last years bike, we had some great input as well as some awesome parts & lots of labor donated. Thanks to all who participated! We had hoped it would generate more cash (but was I was not dissappointed), every little bit helps & benefits us all!

pick said:
kingfish254 said:
pick said:

SAY WHAT??

If you build it, they will bid!

There are much better builders here than me, that's for sure. I would love to participate, but I don't see any build time for me until mid-January. Too much work, family, and vacation obligations.

Vacation??? What's that? Its been a long time since I had one, long overdue here! I was just messin with ya anyway (didn't take long to get your attention though!). I do hope someone steps up to do an auction bike this year! 8)

pick said:
Vacation??? What's that? Its been a long time since I had one, long overdue here! I was just messin with ya anyway (didn't take long to get your attention though!). I do hope someone steps up to do an auction bike this year! 8)

You got me good. I wasn't around for the first one and I kind of remember the last one. Hopefully someone will kick this one off. I have some cool parts and stuff, so I am game for helping out.

So, we possibly have some cool parts & some powder coating, just need more parts, a bike & builder(s). :mrgreen:

How about KOTA or ifitsfreeitsforme? :wink:

Another idea would be Terry66, he does nice work as well 8)

Bike2112 has been knocking out some cool stuff too.

kingfish254 said:
Bike2112 has been knocking out some cool stuff too.

Yeah, he certainly does :D It's hard to "pick" someone to build the auction bike, because a lot of people do great work here :shock: We need someone to volunteer :wink:

Back