Auction Bike - Builder Found!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok well I have a great idea I feel like I would love to see and I know we have a lot of board track fans here so I'm gonna go the pre war route! I need a pre war stem and truss rod forks that will fit Westfield built Elgin frame! If anything else I will post...I'll start the built thread! Should I be looking for donated parts on this thread or the wanted section? I'm ready for this guys I'm stoked to do a bike for this cause! I will donate a lot of the main parts and all the labor! I know dogdart will be a big help to...going to knock this out of the park!

udallcustombikes said:
With the last two the bike was built off of out t-shirt design. This needs to be builders choice. Get an idea in your head of what you want to build and make up a list of parts you would like to use. Post it up and those that want to help will get the parts to you. Garagegoon started the last auction bike but family issues made him have to pass it on to me. When I started the parts were either here already or on the way. I was tasked with the easy job of assembling the bike.

Once you decide what you want to build start a build thread and start getting the parts you want listed up.

My parts stash is dangerously low since I have been focused on my truck for a while, but if I have something you need I will certainly send it along. I can also help with any advice you may need as well.

Thanks for stepping up!

I like being a big part of the forum! It's an honor to get this opeitunity I hope it makes everyone happy! Thanks guys! Build thread comming up ASAP!

pick said:
udallcustombikes / Cameron is your guy also as far as tips on setting up the auction process etc. Last year the whole deal was very organized & turned out well in my opinion. From taking over the build, to assembly, to the actual auction was taken care of by him. Thanks Cameron! You did an awesome job on the whole thing. 8)

Can't wait to get to that point!!! Anybody have photos of the past two auction bikes??

Black Crown Tattoo said:
Ok well I have a great idea I feel like I would love to see and I know we have a lot of board track fans here so I'm gonna go the pre war route! I need a pre war stem and truss rod forks that will fit Westfield built Elgin frame! If anything else I will post...I'll start the built thread! Should I be looking for donated parts on this thread or the wanted section? I'm ready for this guys I'm stoked to do a bike for this cause! I will donate a lot of the main parts and all the labor! I know dogdart will be a big help to...going to knock this out of the park!

I think I have the forks & truss rods. Give me a little bit & I will post a pic.

Black Crown Tattoo said:
pick said:
udallcustombikes / Cameron is your guy also as far as tips on setting up the auction process etc. Last year the whole deal was very organized & turned out well in my opinion. From taking over the build, to assembly, to the actual auction was taken care of by him. Thanks Cameron! You did an awesome job on the whole thing. 8)

Can't wait to get to that point!!! Anybody have photos of the past two auction bikes??

I posted links on the first page of this thread to the builds and final pics of both bikes.

udallcustombikes said:
Black Crown Tattoo said:
pick said:

I posted links on the first page of this thread to the builds and final pics of both bikes.

Thanks man!

bike2112 said:
Sorry gang, just saw this thread. Anything I can do to help with the auction bike? I think we have a builder, but if I can chip in, hit me up. I wish I saw this a few days ago, I would definately done the build, but I can still help out hopefully.

peace.

For sure! Gonna post up in the build section soon then I'll have a list of things I need!

Here ya go buddy! Steer tube is 6.25 inches. Will that work? I have cups, bearings, etc. As you can see truss rods are kind of rough, but that's the way I like em! Let me know if you think this will work with your plan.

PB120453.jpg

pick said:
Here ya go buddy! Steer tube is 6.25 inches. Will that work? I have cups, bearings, etc. As you can see truss rods are kind of rough, but that's the way I like em! Let me know if you think this will work with your plan.

PB120453.jpg

Visually it's plan perfect I'm gonna measure and see if it will work!! I sure hope! Super score!!

BCT, thanks once again for stepping up to the plate. I agree with everyone that this is your show to run.
My parts stash is more on the funky side than the period correct side, so if you get a wild hare idea, let me know. For instance if you decide to throw a little steampunk in there, I have some carbide lamps.

I'll go ahead and offer this out there as well. If a set of 24x3 Creme Thick Bricks fit the build, I'll donate a set.

I am looking forward to following this baby!!!

kingfish254 said:
BCT, thanks once again for stepping up to the plate. I agree with everyone that this is your show to run.
My parts stash is more on the funky side than the period correct side, so if you get a wild hare idea, let me know. For instance if you decide to throw a little steampunk in there, I have some carbide lamps.

I'll go ahead and offer this out there as well. If a set of 24x3 Creme Thick Bricks fit the build, I'll donate a set.

I am looking forward to following this baby!!!

That's something to think about!! Thanks man! I'm gonna get on it ASAP I'm playing with three ideas I'm stoked about! Build thread starts tomorrow!!

Back