Auction Bike - Builder Found!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Auction Bike

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,We,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,volunteer

There you go. I read between the lines of SR69's QUOTE above and it looks to me like he volunteers!!
Way to step up like that SchwinnRay!!!

ratina said:
What is the bike going to be modeled off of this year? (since a twin-flex is out of the question)

That’s kind of my question. In the past you had a bike to duplicate, so people could donate parts to match. How would it work this year? Would the builder just take whatever parts that come in and let the parts determine the build or would the builder give everyone an idea of what they want and then try to round up the parts?

SCHWINNRAY, are you officially stepping up? If so, Thank You very much! :D As far as I'm concerned, we should either let the builder decide the direction of the build, or, see what members would like to see. Just my opinion. 8)

pick said:
SCHWINNRAY, are you officially stepping up? If so, Thank You very much! :D As far as I'm concerned, we should either let the builder decide the direction of the build, or, see what members would like to see. Just my opinion. 8)

I wasn't planning on it, Kingfish kind of stepped ME up :lol:

I would like to build the Auction Rat, BUT...I'm not into shipping bikes and nobody would help :roll: Plus, I'm in school which leaves me only weekends to build :?

Personally from my standpoint, I would like to see a nice tanker with killer looking patina...all hot rodded up with apes, 24X3 white walls front and rear. Maybe some black rims with a 3 speed suicide shifter mounted under the seat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe build an adult muscle rat.

Apparently there was some confusion and some people thought I was building the auction rat. To make things clear, I am NOT building it. :wink: Kingfish only volunteered me (Thanks :roll: :lol: ) As much as I would love to, I don't have the time :D

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
How about KOTA or ifitsfreeitsforme? :wink:

Another idea would be Terry66, he does nice work as well 8)

I would not consider myself talented enough to do it. My bikes are 25 footers. They look good from 25 feet away.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Apparently there was some confusion and some people thought I was building the auction rat. To make things clear, I am NOT building it. :wink: Kingfish only volunteered me (Thanks :roll: :lol: ) As much as I would love to, I don't have the time :D

People should know better than to take me seriously!!! :shock:

kingfish254 said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

People should know better than to take me seriously!!! :shock:

Yeah, cause "Yeah we volunteer" means I'll volunteer :lol:

Terry66 said:
Personally from my standpoint, I would like to see a nice tanker with killer looking patina...all hot rodded up with apes, 24X3 white walls front and rear. Maybe some black rims with a 3 speed suicide shifter mounted under the seat. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have a WINNER!...I'll be watching that thread. :lol:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
How about KOTA or ifitsfreeitsforme? :wink:

Another idea would be Terry66, he does nice work as well 8)

I would not consider myself talented enough to do it. My bikes are 25 footers. They look good from 25 feet away.
So on the rides we've been on, is that why you hang 25ft in the rear or 25ft in the lead? :lol:

Are we still looking for a builder or not, I guess I'm confused! :? I do know that SCHWINNRAY has too much going on right now to do it. :?:

We are still looking for a builder!!! So nothing has been decided.

Who wants to build the Auction Bike??? You can choose what you want to build!!!!

Re: Auction Bike - Still Lookin for a Builder!

Depending on the theme I would be way in! I have the time being a tattooer and owning my own buisness I have free time when I want it! Would be a great way for me and suicidal cycles to enter the scene a bit! Im super into the thought of building for reasons other than my own collection Right up my alley! Building a cool rat? I have a lot of connections as well for great little touches! And I'd love to support the site more! But I also understand I don't have a big build portfolio so its more of a silent guy breaking on the scene! So if I don't get picked I understand! But I would dig the opritunity to show what people haven't scene much from me! I'm more interested in a detailed functional rat than a beautiful show bike! More clean functioning rat! I got some ideas!

Way to step up with enthusiasm BCT! I don't think there is any formal choosing of the builder. You have my vote though.

What's next gang? Coming up with a frame and parts and design??
BCT, why don't you sketch up what you're thinking of and we can all brainstorm around that?

udallcustombikes said:
It has nothing to do with a large portfolio of awesome builds under your belt. I, for one, dig the bikes you have built.

+1! I also agree with "slowriderz". This could be the best one yet! I can powder coat some parts if needed. 8)

Back