Auction Bike - Builder Found!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Auction Bike - Still Lookin for a Builder!

where is the guy that drew up the last 2 bikes ???? why stray away from what we have been doin ???
i guess it dosent really matter,im just askin is all !!
either way i wanna put my custom touch on this one also just like the first two auction bikes, would like to do whatever !!! just let me know how i can pitch in and ill do it !!! i have a lathe i can make up some pieces on that!!!
id really like to whip up a cool old school sissy bar if we go that route !!! i guess we have a long way to go before we actually get down to building it up !!!! anyway let me know ..im in !!! :D

I have a ratty old prewar stem I'll donate to the bike.

Hey Pick! Change the title to "We have a builder".
It's funny how the thread has more activity since BCT volunteered. People have probably been lurking afraid to speak up.
I haven't seen Herr Rudolf post in a while, so I don't know if we have "drawing" to start with.
I will definitely jump in with parts once we know what we are shooting for.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a drawing has never been made for an auction bike, rather an auction bike has been made from a drawing we were all already familiar with. Anything out there exist now?

Maybe we just need to start around a donated frame.

How much does it cost to ship a bare frame? If someone wanted to help or was making a trip past NC up to PA, I'd offer up a Spaceliner frame.

Other people could offer other frames then people could vote which is best, I'm sure something better than a Spaceliner would show up.

This is the bike, but it would be frame alone, no fork or other parts (for now).

liner.jpg

yoothgeye said:
How much does it cost to ship a bare frame? If someone wanted to help or was making a trip past NC up to PA, I'd offer up a Spaceliner frame.

Other people could offer other frames then people could vote which is best, I'm sure something better than a Spaceliner would show up.

This is the bike, but it would be frame alone, no fork or other parts (for now).

liner.jpg

Bare frame should cost $20-30 to ship (closer to $20 if you get a skinny box). Try http://www.bikeflights.com.
Spaceliner builds are always cool! 8)

One of those crank cones in rough shape just sold for $32 on ebay.

I'm a balloon guy! But I'm up for whatever! I guess I'm gonna treat it like I do with tattooing and take some ideas and then run with my vision from there! I would not Ming doing Hawthorne/Higgins/cwc tank bike!

dogdart said:
Perhaps if there is enough interest in donating parts , we can have members vote on which parts to use , and what direction to go . Not just shouting out what they want to see , but voting on parts actually available .

That could work too!!

i have a pre war westfield frame crank if it goes boardtrack style i will donate! can do wood tank truss fork pin stripe...custom weathered/distressed paint! i also have double drop center wheels i would put up for it! thats just an option too...i ready to hear what everyone thinks!

Peatbog said:
Here's my vote on the bike:

Only one guy stepped up to the plate to volunteer to take the time to build the bike. So my vote is that while we all may give ideas or suggestions, that one guy who is building the bike should very well make the final decisions on what the bike is, how it is styled, and what parts go on it.

That's just me though. I didn't volunteer either, so my opinion is only worth so much also. But if it were me building the bike, I'd get pretty bummed out if I was outvoted on what I wanted to do if I was the one doing the work.

A lot of truth to that as well!! To many opinions involved may make a disaster as well! I say we vote on a style maybe? Like early board track or 50s rat! Those are the two I feel most comfortable with and safe to say a lot of people on this forum enjoy both! :) either way I'm pretty excited to build a real cool bike! I have a brainstorm of something I would like to do that I even have a lot of parts for I'm willing to donate! But again! I'm up for whatever! Would love an opeitunity to show my " style" tho!

A lot of the reason I would not mind building off a frame that I have is less trying to find donations! The more I can do with what I have and I'm cool with building the better this will go I feel! I'm confident that everyone will be happy and people will be proud to bid! I'm excited to get this smoothed out and start a build thread!

But also when I steped up I was prepared for anything! Would like to know what everyone thinks! Thanks guys!

Stepping up as the builder of the auction bike is awesome! :D I like your build style & I also agree with Peatbog, the build should go in the direction you choose. Figure out what you want to do, then ask/beg :lol: for parts. I will be happy to help with anything I can, so just let me know. Thank You for volunteering, it is really appreciated! 8) Last year we had a lot of cool donated parts, lots of donated labor, cash donations for shipping & also specific parts needed that weren't donated. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Lets hope this bike doesn't disappear like the last two, never to be seen again.

With the last two the bike was built off of out t-shirt design. This needs to be builders choice. Get an idea in your head of what you want to build and make up a list of parts you would like to use. Post it up and those that want to help will get the parts to you. Garagegoon started the last auction bike but family issues made him have to pass it on to me. When I started the parts were either here already or on the way. I was tasked with the easy job of assembling the bike.

Once you decide what you want to build start a build thread and start getting the parts you want listed up.

My parts stash is dangerously low since I have been focused on my truck for a while, but if I have something you need I will certainly send it along. I can also help with any advice you may need as well.

Thanks for stepping up!

udallcustombikes / Cameron is your guy also as far as tips on setting up the auction process etc. Last year the whole deal was very organized & turned out well in my opinion. From taking over the build, to assembly, to the actual auction was taken care of by him. Thanks Cameron! You did an awesome job on the whole thing. 8)

Back