Bat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NewOrleansFlyer said:
...wiping the drool off my keyboard.....Nice!

:lol: :lol: I learned a while ago to wear a bib when I'm on this forum :oops:

Nice low slung bike... looks like something Kota would build, the only problem with those cool low bikes is the motor that has to sit on top of them. :wink:

yoothgeye said:
Nice low slung bike... looks like something Kota would build, the only problem with those cool low bikes is the motor that has to sit on top of them. :wink:

:lol: :lol: I was thinking the same thing.I really liked kota's build last year.I didn't set out to build a bike like this.It just happened.It seems pretty comfortable just sitting on it.I do want to ride this thing so once I finish choosing parts I will get it running to see if this configuration will be feasible for riding more than a block.But then again,I have several bikes that are comfortable for miles and miles.

Peatbog said:
That bike is sweet! I don't know what it is, but that chainguard on that bike just looks perfect.

Too bad the one I want is taking it's place :wink:

WOW!.....Looks WAY better than anything I've built! KILLER stance! My kinda bike! (getting the idea that I REALLY like this bike? :lol: ) As far as riding. What people don't realize is the seat and the pedals are in the "original" position. Bars are set for a boardtracker. So you're in the same position as 90% of the bikes built here. :wink:

KOTA said:
WOW!.....Looks WAY better than anything I've built! KILLER stance! My kinda bike! (getting the idea that I REALLY like this bike? :lol: ) As far as riding. What people don't realize is the seat and the pedals are in the "original" position. Bars are set for a boardtracker. So you're in the same position as 90% of the bikes built here. :wink:

Wow,thanks KOTA :!: I've admired your builds and am humbled by your comments :oops: Yeah,the riding position,even with the drop bars is fairly comfortable.Not as comfy as the apes but reasonably so.I will need shorter cranks as these are 175mm.I'm sure I've got something laying around that will work :) I also want to try the same fork but for a 26" wheel.I am really liking the stance the more I look at it.I really need to start finalizing my part selection and get ta buildin'.Started messin'with the front fender and I like what I see.Thanks again for your comments.I hope you like what's ciming in the future :!:

suparoospeedway said:
OOOOH YEAHHHH!! I think youve nailed it with this look, the smaller forks give the bike a killer rake!

I'm thinking more and more that you're right :D

Peatbog said:
Circa Cycles said:
Peatbog said:
That bike is sweet! I don't know what it is, but that chainguard on that bike just looks perfect.

Aarrrrrghhhh! :mrgreen:

Sorry.But the one coming is much better.Trust me........heheheh

Those May 11th photos look good enough to be your final photo shoot. I think you should stop now and let everyone else catch up.

kingfish254 said:
Those May 11th photos look good enough to be your final photo shoot. I think you should stop now and let everyone else catch up.

Thanks kingfish! I did a mock-up with a 26" rat trap and didn't like it as much as the 24.I don't have a bike with this much attitude...yet! The special ingredients I have planned should create a mean lookin' ride.

Peatbog said:
Circa Cycles said:
Peatbog said:

Aarrrrrghhhh! :mrgreen:

Ummm,you may get your wish.The chainguard I wanted might not work on this build.Going to a swap tomorrow so will be looking for more parts.Can't wait!I will get some pics up soon to show what I've been doing(not much)and am close to finalizing parts choices.Then I can start building!

Re: Bat Rod Mock-ups are done.Time to Build

Well,after being busy with other aspects of life,I managed to finally settle on the major parts for this build.Sort of....but may change my mind here and there.I did a mock up with a couple more forks while waiting for a chainguard to arrive.

7258558374_796ba3698a_z.jpg

7258559656_57e1b3c9f3_z.jpg

A 26" rat trap with 24" wheel.
7258561020_77344a7a48_z.jpg

7258562648_343a7654f7_z.jpg

And with a 26" wheel.
7258563966_b649f71009_z.jpg

Found some cool parts at the Boulder Swap.Also ran into imagearchy and subadrew which was cool 8) Good to see you guys again :!:
7258572972_a48c7953c4_z.jpg

The green wheel is a 24" on a ND Model D skiptooth hub with 2.125 chain tire in great shape.The wheel on the right has the same hub on a trashed rim.The wheel on the left is a Sachs Torpedo Dreigang 3 speed with coaster brake laced to a S2 rim and will be going on my Green Phantom,someday,along with the tail light in the bag.A lucky 7 post thats been welded.3t Forgie road stem and an Easton EA70 mountain stem.And a feather chainguard for my '48 DX.
7258580600_78660e7e2f_z.jpg

Maybe not.Looks pretty good on the Bat Rod.I knew I should have bought the green guard as well.

I managed to find the chainguard I've wanted from forum member fuzzyktu(Thanks Kevin!You rock!).
7258569894_9c4ed6cc16_z.jpg

7258571080_252baf91c9_z.jpg

Not to sure I like it now.It could work if heavily modified.I'm just not sure the lines flow as well as the other guards I've tried.

Front fender ready for rhinoplasty.
7258557614_3410639481_z.jpg

Rear fender needs shortened.
7258585006_ca4081902a_z.jpg

7258586708_88f1f226d4_z.jpg

And finally with the major pieces that will be transformed into the Bat Rod :!:
7258588834_ce6b7fddc8_z.jpg

7258591064_b9d71f875a_z.jpg

7258589958_6f6f8613a4_z.jpg

7258587778_c539a7806c_z.jpg

I like it in this configuration so far.Once everything is fitted properly,the lines should really flow.Still lots more to figure out but this pretty much gives the shape of the build.At least I'm finally ready to start building this thing :wink: As always,your comments and opinions are sincerely appreciated.You are now up to date on my build.Thanks for checking it out!

I jus tkeep liking this build more and more and more!!!!!
It looks a little like a Kota build with the front end.
Keep it up dude, this thing is batguano crazy!!!

I told you this guy had skills! Bike looks great.! GTB!! Peace

kingfish254 said:
I jus tkeep liking this build more and more and more!!!!!
It looks a little like a Kota build with the front end.
Keep it up dude, this thing is batguano crazy!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: That made me laugh. I wondered when the guano talk would start.

This is why I don't have to build a bike....You're building my FAVORITE bike! I only have TWO votes left...The FIRST one is already gone (yours).

streetpirate said:
if you faux-tina painted the chainguard to match the rear fender and skirts, that bike would be perfect they way it is.

I've got a couple ideas about finishing the parts.Need to do some research about an idea I have and the time left.I'll figure that out while getting parts to fit.

KOTA said:
This is why I don't have to build a bike....You're building my FAVORITE bike! I only have TWO votes left...The FIRST one is already gone (yours).

Thanks,Man :oops: I didn't start out to build it this way.It just goes to show that no amount of planning can ever replace dumb luck :!: The parts seem to be choosing themselves.Everything shown above should be very easy to put together.I just need to get going :wink:

Back