Bat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Fisch!I'm glad you're liking it.I appreciate the suggestions.I mocked it up with a 24x3 Fatti-O and I think it leveled it out like you were talking about.Looked pretty cool.However,since this frame was built to fit 28" wheels I need to be mindful of the bottom bracket height.The kickstand on it now is from a muscle bike.I still need to figure how long of a crank I can use without using cranks from a muscle bike to keep the pedals from dragging on every down stroke.From what I've learned measuring cranks on bikes I've got waiting around:men's bikes have either 170 or 175mm cranks.Women's are usually 165 or 170mm.Then it seems to drop to 140 or shorter for muscle bikes.I was hoping for something around 155 to keep them as long as possible and save pedal abuse.I think I ran across a couple that were 160mm.But I was leaning over a line of bikes in a poorly lit corner of "The Hole" so I'll have to investigate further.
I really like how the bike sits as it is.I didn't think I would when I mocked it up.But when I took it outside,took a few steps back and turned around to look,a huge grin spread across my face :) :D Then I must have chuckled a little bit because the neighbor kid was standing next to me while this was going on and turned to me and said "What's so funny?"The only answer I could think of was "I like it."The stance reminds me of a funny car,which I love.They just have a "Not to be Messed With" vibe.Even when standing still.
Thanks again for your feedback.I will have to keep your ideas in mind.Got the wheels ta turnin' in my head :!:

I really like the funny car stance it has!
The Columbia chainguard is my fave though, because I really think it ties in greatly with your tank.
I dig this ride (because it is BGC!)
I look forward to the next update, same bat time, same bat channel.

Thanks again for the compliments kingfish :!: The Columbia chainguard didn't work as well as I had thought.It will take a lot of work to play nicely with the other parts.It's still being contemplated and can be done.I need to spend some time looking at it in detail.And build up the guts to go at it with a hammer.(I've wanted one of these for a long time)

BGC that's funny right there :lol:

wow! the aura of this bike is just rat-mean. Wish I could come across some wicked dress guards like those. :D

mitchelangelo said:
wow! the aura of this bike is just rat-mean. Wish I could come across some wicked dress guards like those. :D

Thank you very much!I hope to make it meaner looking.Just need time to get ta buildin'.

Man bike is looking magnificent, love the new parts. You´ve got my vote 4 sure!
Now just to be mean, have you considered a big motorcycle head light up front? :wink:

Gdcast said:
Now just to be mean, have you considered a big motorcycle head light up front? :wink:

I appreciate the kind words from you and everyone else :!: Especially since I haven't done anything yet.I'm not really into lights but have one that should really fit this build well.I have good night vision and usually don't need a light.

Circa Cycles said:
I have good night vision and usually don't need a light.

I worry more about the vision of the person in the oncoming car.... :roll:

I think of bicycle lights as less to see by and more to be seen by...because the last thing you need is someone jacking up the Bat Rod! :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Gdcast said:
Nuff said!! Peace

Thanks everyone for your votes of confidence :shock: I am truly greatful and humbled :oops: I almost feel guilty about all the nice things that have been said here because everything that is being used just fits so well that mods will be simple to make everything fit properly.Plus the fact that I haven't really done anything but LOTS of mock-ups to choose parts.Come to think of it,the bike chose the parts.I just swapped them in and out.Well,I did chop the fenders I suppose(Whoopity dooo) :roll: I may end up using the Columbia guard just to add a little difficulty.I still don't know if I can mutilate such a coveted(to me)part that has such a great surface.

Thanks for your concern for my bike being hurt Dr.T :!: :lol:
I've had my share of experiences with cars and have learned how to "coexist" so to speak.Fortunately,the Denver area is riddled with bike paths that dealing with autos can be kept to a minimum :wink: Check out Google Maps in Denver and put it on the bike layer.I love living here :!:

Pretty sure I see professional paint and frame mods on this one, must not vote for it. :mrgreen:

I kid! I kid! This bike would look even sweeter if it was in my shop.

yoothgeye said:
Pretty sure I see professional paint and frame mods on this one, must not vote for it. :mrgreen:

I kid! I kid! This bike would look even sweeter if it was in my shop.

:lol: :lol: Thanks for the compliment and sorry about the naked bars :oops:
Making it ridable so it could grace your shop is a priority.It should be pretty comfy as it sits now.Installing the bars "properly" made a big difference in comfort and it still has the attitude IMHO.

Circa Cycles said:
:lol: :lol: Thanks for the compliment and sorry about the naked bars :oops:
Making it ridable so it could grace your shop is a priority.It should be pretty comfy as it sits now.Installing the bars "properly" made a big difference in comfort and it still has the attitude IMHO.

Still has TONS of attitude. The way you've built it makes it look low like a hot rod that has had a chop and channel as opposed to a lowrider that just has a slammed suspension. Class.

Thanks again,Man!I have a couple paint schemes in mind.They're basically the same layout but range from super ratty to classy rat.With attitude.I've got some work to do. :D :D

Yo Circa!!!!! Whats up with this super slick build???? Anything new?????

kingfish254 said:
Yo Circa!!!!! Whats up with this super slick build???? Anything new?????

Not much progress lately.Been too busy with responsibilities.I did find some stuff to use on the build.Or not.I will try to get an update posted Sunday.Had to finish a project for a John Deere collector,another small upgrade to my DX,make room in the garage to blow the Bat Rod apart and begin it's transformation,etc.Then more bikes found me,so need to make room again.Spent most of the day yesterday fixing up a friends Peugot mountain bike but managed to get a couple small things done for the build.Nothing major.Sunday looks good for getting some work done.If I have the energy....Thanks for checking in :!: Progress will happen soon :wink:

It's a pain when the real world gets in the way of your build ain't it.
I will be out this week on a biz trip.
Good luck!

Re: Bat Rod Mock-ups are done.Time to Build

Circa Cycles said:
7258587778_c539a7806c_z.jpg

Man that thing is just too cool! I love it!! It's awesome :D Great work!

Thank you for the encouragement!Now I just need time to actually work on it :cry: :cry:

Latest posts

Back