Bat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jake Sensi said:
I told you this guy had skills! Bike looks great.! GTB!! Peace

Thanks Jake!I'm diggin'your build as well.Never know what rock n roll gem you are gonna whip out.I like the new paint as well 8)

I agree! Those early columbia guards are one of my favorite..But if if its not for this build i would be happy to take it off your hands!

socratesjpt said:
nice !!! top bike so far

Wow!Thanks,Man.Can't wait to actually make it come together and get all these ideas out of my head :idea:

imagearchy said:
I agree! Those early columbia guards are one of my favorite..

I've wanted one of these since the first time I saw one.Thought it would be perfect for this build but I don't know.It raises the skirt guard to fit the fender properly on the tire.Unless I flatten the top so it's not curved.Might have to loose the chain oiler and figure out a way to mount it in a secure and stylish way.The front mount is for a curved down tube and completely useless on this frame.Plus I don't like it's scale in comparison to the other parts.Just doesn't seem to fit.Then again,I wasn't sure about the little front end.Now I really like it :D

Like It!!!

I would keep them apes close by tho....they looked good too..... :shock:

Hey... You will have to introduce me to Subadrew some time. We know a lot of the same people but have never met. ???

I like every one of the options you showed in the last set of pics. You have a great eye for this stuff. Can you flip the front fender around so the tapered end is at the front? Man, just a great looking ride.

Kevintothej said:
Like It!!!

I would keep them apes close by tho....they looked good too..... :shock:

Yeah,they will be used for long rides :wink:

imagearchy said:
I agree! Those early columbia guards are one of my favorite..But if if its not for this build i would be happy to take it off your hands!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the offer Mick,but I think I'll hang on to it for a while.It has a great surface and I don't know if I have the heart to mangle it for this bike.

Xcruiser said:
Just cant get over how cool that tank is!! Love the bike ,its down and dirty ,gnarly rat all the way!

Kind words!Thank you!

imagearchy said:
Hey... You will have to introduce me to Subadrew some time. We know a lot of the same people but have never met. ???

He's a nice guy.Has some really cool bikes as well.

texasbigjon said:
i think that ol western flyer chainguard balances things nicely! 8) lotsa attitude working here. very nice

Thank you bigjon :!: I agree.Time to rip it apart and work some more attitude into it :!:

Ape Stanger said:
I like every one of the options you showed in the last set of pics. You have a great eye for this stuff. Can you flip the front fender around so the tapered end is at the front? Man, just a great looking ride.

Thank you for the compliments :!: As far as the fender....no_Once it's positioned properly,it should help create movement from front to back.Kinda make it look like it's moving while standing still.

Lovin your progress on this build! I dig the rake you have going but somehow miss the horizontal lines being level, like the chainguard and middle bar, could be level with the ground. We aren't talking much of a raise. I think because of the low bars (which I love) I am wanting something to bring the front back up.

But I can't see how to make it happen with the fork/wheel choice UNLESS you made custom swivel brackets that would drop the front axle. That's is an easy enough part to make (I've thought about making a pair with an old chainwheel cut in two. That is some hard metal and it would have all the teeth! Which would look mean.) You could do a quick cardboard template to see how it would look? I'd be curious. (Or raise the axle in the rear with some frame extensions? which would lower the bike even more, Mua-ha-ha!)

But I am just rambling, and it is a rad bike even as it sits!

Back