Can't Take It

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I moved it first because it does look like a choped stingray. Oh well this was for fun ...With winter setting in it give the shutins something to watch. I'm pretty sure this will get cut up as soon as I'm finished. I learned a little and it gives me a chance to try new things ,design wise. I did learn how to stuff a tire close to the curved seatpost...Something that will come in handy on my real build in a while. :roll: :wink: :wink:

I'm just messing with you Uncle :lol: . I love the front end and curved seat tube in the frame, I say toss on some apes and a big old banana seat, build yourself a musclebike. 8)

I guess I will have to pick up some banana seats. I have never had one. Is that unamerican or what. I shot some paint today. It was cold, but I did the ol warm the paint trick and it dried pretty good. Sorry its an inside picture and not real good. Still working on a seat mount and getting the paint off the fender.

frame001.jpg

Hey Skip its probably all the cold weather keeping you busy...glad you like it

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I really enjoy watching the frames you dream up.
This one looks like a nightmare huh? Well still checking out a way to do a few things on a build. The frames dont matter yet....this one just went a little crazy. Goes to show you what you can do with a junk Western Flyer and a few pieces of pipe. :shock:

Nightmare? No, not at all. I can see, in all your builds, the creativity and skill you have. I'm jealous because my dream bikes only exist in my mind, yours come to life in your shop! :shock:
I enjoy living vicariously through you and the other frame builders in this forum.
Keep up the great work.

Dr. T

Dr T thanks. I really build to show everybody how easy this is. There is no reason not to build the ones you dream about. It is fun for me and Steve lets me stay and entertain the masses with this sillyness. There are some talented people here scratch building frames. I love that they are letting loose their creativity. I just dabble and try to come up with some differant ideas. I saw a guy had a saying on his signature on another post and it said BUILD IT don't BUY IT. Now I think that is really something to live by. :lol:

Yeah I guess your right Steve....no springs and very little padding dosent sound like a good combination for a comfy ride. :shock:

Well I got a little paint shot on and its actually starting to look finished. Still have stuff to do ,but got sidetracked today on that silly Schwinn. :cry: :cry: Looks kind racey

paint001.jpg

paint002.jpg

You need to yank the seat off of the Schwinn.... tare off of the cover and then paint it the same black and mount it.

Just find a seat that is comfy for that geometry. A nice leather Brooks would do :wink:

Good thing you didn't give into Steve's persistence about those wheels. They look great on there with the all black frame/fork.

maddogrider said:
Cool lookin, really like the SCHWINN seat :D

Ok mad dog its not a schwinn seat . its the one that originally came off of the western flyer
Oh and Clancy I still have the imprint of the last Brooks I tried to break in.....glad yall like it though...its getting there :wink:

Back