Can't Take It

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd vote for taller, narrow, Stingray style apes to balance that long fork. This could be Darth Vader's bike! :mrgreen: -Adam

When I see stuff like this it makes me very reluctant to refer to myself as a builder. Awesome job.

Hey thanks ,but the reason I do this is so everybody will be builders I try to stretch my envelope a little with each build. Nothing I do compears to the fantastic designs that the people on this site come up with. I am learning as we go along. Maybe sometime I will design that once in a lifetime design that I dream about. I havent hit it yet. I'll keep trying and maybe sometime I will get it. :wink:

The entire look is coming together nicely. I love the solo saddle right over the rear wheel. looks great!! I think the mid apes are just right for that bike. Very chopper looking.

Have you "Fred Flintstoned" it down the driveway yet? If so, how does it feel "riding"?

Uncle Stretch said:
Hey thanks ,but the reason I do this is so everybody will be builders I try to stretch my envelope a little with each build. Nothing I do compears to the fantastic designs that the people on this site come up with. I am learning as we go along. Maybe sometime I will design that once in a lifetime design that I dream about. I havent hit it yet. I'll keep trying and maybe sometime I will get it. :wink:

You are certainly one of the board "masters", in my mind. It is obvious that you truly enjoy getting dirty with this stuff. I like it in small doses, but I shy away from the heavy fabrication end of things ( This is where some of you distinguish yourselves as a far separation from the rest). Keep it up, Uncle Stretch. You are a big inspiration to us and obviously one of my favorites!

Thanks Lonewolf. I didnt get around to finshing this bike . The really raked front fork looked good ,but I know from experiance, that it was going to ride terrible. It was just a fun build for looks only in my opinion. Itry to motovate everybody to build bikes. Its a fun cheap hobby too. It wont replace the need to redo old really cool bikes ,but hopefully it will stop the desire to cut old frames. There are only so many of them and to chop an old frame ,when you can scratch build one easier ,in my opinion is kinda wrong. Just my opinion though.

Yeah Skip it was finished except just sticking the crank and stuff on , but I figured it was just one more thing in my shop to walk around ,so I didnt make it rideable. I might get to it after this last build is finished ...just for grins. Then I will tell everybody how bad that frontend floped haha .

I agree. Cutting old frames is sacrilege. One has to think: some day, no matter what you have, it will be over 100 years old. I would only ever cut something that had high production numbers or virtually any Huffy or Murray. Lol.

I know you already painted it, but the member who posted the Cobra Daytona was on to something, I think. Stretch, you inadvertently built a cobra Daytona and I feel it should go blue with white rims. I liked Rat Rod's idea of the stripped banana seat as well.

Ok Lonewolf I already don't want to put a simple crank and chain on it to be able to ride it, and you want me to relace and paint two wheels plus the bike and buy a banana seat...ha ha ha ha ha. Now thats funny

LOl.

If I had a banana seat to send you, I would.

This bike is fighting to get out!

Keep hope alive.

:)

i think it is cool if you dont like it send it my way lol. i think it needs a long set of wheelie bars. oh and that is an interesting thought since we have started hacking old huffy frames wonder how many we have taken off the road and turned into other things?

Karfer its not worth the price to ship it. This was a quickie out of a free junk bike. Not really a build that I would be proud of. I should have deleted the whole thread. I was just bored without building anything and needed to try to build that seatpost that hugged the tire and stick a fender on it. . :lol: :roll: :roll:

Back