L@@K~~ Monson, Mass - The Revival~~ Check in

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visited with Ian for an hour or so during lunch today. He is wicked sore and a little groggy from meds but doing well. Bob went to see him tonight after work as well. He is certainly not lonely. He has no computer at home so he won't be on here. His recovery will be longer than he thought for sure. But he will be fine.

He says "Cheers" to you all and "thanks for the well wishes".

Dan, cant wait to see that bike finished. Are you bringing the Elgin too?

Glen, i see you're looking for a rack, hopefully you're bringing a good pile with you!

I've got a list of 10 bikes to bring down and i haven't even gone through my neighbors stuff yet. Some projects, some parts qweens and some nice riders for sale.

1. Columbia 5 Star Superbe, pretty much a complete project bike
2. Sam-Sco Ladies bike, parts qween or project bike
3. Goldmember. rider or parts qween
4. Ornage twin bar Schwinn, rider
5. 60's Spacey ladies bike, Murray I think. parts qween or whole
6. Felt Cafe 750, nice rider!
7. Schwinn Rolling Rock. rider!
8. Columbia Thunder Jet, parts or project
9. Rhygin Juke mountain bike, 18" vintage hand built steel rider
10. The Schwinn Excelsior boardtracker. hopefully a rider by the 28th.

plus 3 boxes of parts from some real treasures to a bin full of $5.00 or less deals.

Way to go Ian!!!!!

BTW I did not make it so see Rath-kelt-air last weekend. TOtal bummer. Both night had sports activities go late into the night and up very early the next morning out to the fields (even in the monsoon we had).

Next time I am putting my foot down.

Wish we could make a ride happen this weekend, but I will be in Long Island all weekend.

Glad you are feeling better.

Joe

hey everybody! thanks for the well wishes. i gotta tell you, Skip is a swell guy...even with his home responsibilities and all, he checked in on me regularly and even washed my dishes one day. Thanks Skip, you're a great friend.

as Skip said, today's first day back to work. doing everything left handed is frustrating.

Joe, we will get out for a cruise soon.

Doc said 6-8 weeks until i can ride. I told him not to be surprised if i halved that ;-)

I'm all va-clemp.

talk amongst yaselves.

here's a topic: "The New Deal was neither new nor was it a deal. Discuss."
:D

I love you like a brother Ian. I'll help you out in any way I can.

Planning to attend! Probably won't do the ride but will bring the triplet out to the show and swap - anyone interested, I am entertaining offers to buy it or trades.

Larry

i rode a rat bike around the block yesterday against doctors orders! i'm back beeyotches!

now if i can just wake up on time after going out saturday night...

no, he just prescribed "not falling off". apparently that would be ugly at this stage.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
no, he just prescribed "not falling off". apparently that would be ugly at this stage.

Glad to hear you're back man. I guess I missed the original post about you getting surgery but glad you got through it ok. It'll take more than that to keep a rat rodder down.

Whether we get to ride or not it'll be good to see everyone at Monson. Will be a good day. Looking forward to picking up a thing or two.

And of course, I'll buy you a non-alcoholic beer at Willi Brew. ;) You know, because you're still recovering and all...

--Rob

Okay riders ,we should have a good showing on Sunday,Not as nice weatherwise as last wknd but ...
Ian ,good to hear ya okay, Rob I heard you may have a fire sale?
CJ bring or buy a seat to put on this Tyler ,Joe did ya clean up that lite yet?

Guys,
Not gonna bail on you completely, but i will only be there from 6AM until about 8 AM. My son has a Double header baseball game on Sunday and needs to be at the field for 9 AM in Manchester at Cheney Tech. Should you all end up riding anywhere near there feeel free to stop by. his games start at 10 and 12.

C ya up there RRB'ers!

Joe

PS If you need anything special ask me to bring it 'cause i won't be bring a load to sell.

Back