(MBBO#04 Class 2) PEDRO. (PEDRO GOT A NEW OWNER!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumbsup: That's the time frame I'm thinking, might be tricky with my planned travels. You know how tough that is.
I do know how tough that is! My recommendation is to buy a trailer, set up a workshop in it, hook it on to your car and take your bike building on the road! :21: (I doubt I will be doing that again!)
1500 I may not be the best builder, but man I can type.:rofl:
Talk to me when you hit 15,000! :cool2: :grin: Actually you are averaging about 7.25 posts a day, that is pretty high! :thumbsup:
Man that seat is spectacular!!
Thanks Man! I'm loving it too! :dance2:
Cool! Not a bad looking little car. Just weird to me because you don't see them in the states.
You don't see many of them here either, I think they were really only intended for the Japanese market.

Surprisingly though, the Mighty Car Mods guys on YouTube have had 3 of them, including a show car built entirely from viewer donations! ($4,478 total)

Luke.

That's cool so it's a rare car even for there.

That vid makes me want to put the Recaro seat back in my car. i got a new car and never got around to ordering the rail kit for it.

:thumbsup: That's the time frame I'm thinking, might be tricky with my planned travels. You know how tough that is.

1500 I may not be the best builder, but man I can type.:rofl:

Good job Falstaff. I've been lagging on the chatting it up this year. Been on here a year and still have a hard time keeping up with everything that goes on.

Surprisingly though, the Mighty Car Mods guys on YouTube have had 3 of them, including a show car built entirely from viewer donations! ($4,478 total)

Luke.
Wonder if I can apply the same theory with this frame and RRB members....?
frlamerc.jpg

:21::21::21: LOL :21::21::21:

No progress on Pedro to report, still waiting on the new 'flake to arrive.

According to USPS it is moving, not sure when it leaves the USA and starts toward Australia though, I am assuming that LA would be an international shipping hub for them, so probably soon...

22456368064_df8e0dde92_z.jpg

Luke.

Here are some better pics!

22540149038_c6925048ba_z.jpg

22540115537_00d0fa85cc_z.jpg

22337285743_ed2159ddd1_z.jpg

I also redid the brake mount, was not entirely happy with it, much neater now:

22932442916_c3de8c05a6_z.jpg

Luke.

I'll be honest, when I first saw you fabric choice, I thought it was ugly as sin, but now that I see it applied I REALLY LIKE IT!!!!
I am not a real fan of Mexican blankets covers, but this fabric is different than that. It has a cool 60s-70s hippie vibe so that works well with the muscle bike era too.

I'll be honest, when I first saw you fabric choice, I thought it was ugly as sin, but now that I see it applied I REALLY LIKE IT!!!!
I am not a real fan of Mexican blankets covers, but this fabric is different than that. It has a cool 60s-70s hippie vibe so that works well with the muscle bike era too.
:21: That is cool! A few others have mentioned in passing that they don't know how well it will work on the bike, but I agree, once it is on there it looks great! :thumbsup:

Glad you like it King!

Luke.

I like it,not traditional aboriginal colours,more modern aboriginal colours though,thats what my "artist eye" see's anyway,not trying to put a cultural spin on it,I just happened to be looking at indigenous art from around the world before opening RRB tab and was in a artsy mood.:thumbsup:

Luke this bike turned out very cool , makes me wish I could have gotten into this build off , cant wait until spring gets here so I can get back to building bikes , as always you do amazing work :41:

Thanks for the comments Guys! Hopefully the flake will be here soon and the build can start moving again...

Been a week since I did the last proper update, 10 days since I ordered the flake... :(

Had to distract myself by planning out my two Klunker build-off entries for the January start, including disassembling a few bikes and wheels to have all the parts ready to go, sketches and diagrams, parts ordered and bought, done everything I can now, going any further would be classified as building and breach the rules...

Hope that flake arrives soon, I'm getting bored! :headbang:

Luke.

Luke this bike turned out very cool , makes me wish I could have gotten into this build off , cant wait until spring gets here so I can get back to building bikes , as always you do amazing work :41:
Yeah we were all waiting to see that Bug bike...

Carl.

I'm glad you are doing 2 klunkers for the winter BO. I won't be around and my shop won't be up and running in time....you can name one after me! :bigsmile:

you can name one after me! :bigsmile:
Hmmm... Actually "Back 40" would be a cool name for my heavy duty off-roader...
It may not be your main name, but it certainly could be a tribute!

22778748637_314007dabf_z.jpg

Luke.

Hmmm... Actually "Back 40" would be a cool name for my heavy duty off-roader...
It may not be your main name, but it certainly could be a tribute!

22778748637_314007dabf_z.jpg

Luke.
I like the font style! Will it be painted in army green or desert camo? And, yes, it would be a fine tribute. Perhaps you will allow me to download a "final pic" and mount it inside the BACK40.....;)

Back