Ratty jet bike. DONE 1/20

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ratty jet bike. Now were cookin' *pics* 1/10

Flat out....when you aren't feeling it, you've got to go back to the drawing board. I decided it just looked too plain, so I went with a new springer and a chopped rear fender. I also flipped the seat clamp under the seat which dropped it another couple of inches.

I got a nice deal on this super clean CWC Springer from Jeff (Simpleman). Drove out to his house and picked it up last night. Tore it down, added a few nuts and bolts and this baby is solid and smooth as butter....and looks mean as heck...

wfhr13.jpg

Here is a before

wfhr9.jpg

and an after the springer fork and chopped rear fender.

wfhr14.jpg

May be just me but I think it's missing sumpin?

Jk, that springer looks sweet, it needed it, I thought it looked good before.

Onewheelsqueel said:

Yeah, I have about 4 sets of bars laying in the garage floor. Been staring at them for a while. The ones that were on it, a set of mini apes, some standard cruiser bars and some low drag bars. I think tomorrow, I'm going to bite the bullet and put them all on and see which I prefer.

I really liked the truss fork, but springers are hard to beat!!!

Make sure to take photos of each set of bars. It's amazing how much bars can affect the whole look of a bike.

Love the star shadows on the garage.

Terry66 said:
Onewheelsqueel said:

Yeah, I have about 4 sets of bars laying in the garage floor. Been staring at them for a while. The ones that were on it, a set of mini apes, some standard cruiser bars and some low drag bars. I think tomorrow, I'm going to bite the bullet and put them all on and see which I prefer.

Here's my two cents on what's missing (for what it's worth)...a nice bullet style or oversized headlight mounted inline with the tank right between the upper rods on that bad, bad springer...AWESOME BUILD!

Great build! I think it'll look good with just about any handlebars. I think you should also see how it looks without the fender brace.

Hey Iron, I have a big light but I'd love to find a cardinal light!

Skip...I'll PM u when I get home. You can have it for what I paid for it.

arpicker said:
Do you have a headbadge for it?

I have one, but would like to find a better one. I've seen a few nice ones on fleabay, but the cost isn't worth it when mine is good enough.

Re: Ratty jet bike. Which Bars?? *pics* 1/13

Got the headbadge on and started trying on bars. I went through about 5 sets and narrowed it down to these two. What do you think? If I go with the regular bars, I'll use a prewar Huffman stem and not the BMX stem.

wfhr15.jpg

wfhr16.jpg

wfhr17.jpg

wfhr18.jpg

I like both, but I am leaning towards the apes (but only by a little).
Either way, it's sweet!!

killer bike! did you try the second bars flipped too ?
man i cant wait for spring! :mrgreen:

Oh man, apes all the way.

With the fender, springer, and the apes, that bike is perfection. I would love to have it.

Back