+ SUNDAY BEST SHUT DOWN!Frame swp 7/15

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: + SUNDAY BEST +

Can't wait to see what you do here, i really liked your build last year, the paint was awesome! Did i read "sandblaster"..? I may have to bring a frame up with me if that is your sandblaster... Please! Don't make me sand another frame by hand! I'm begging! So...many..layers...i saw Bondo...and..fiberglass!

Sorry, just a little post traumatic sanding disorder from the Tumbleweed build. I will be following up to see how those cream tires fit up to that 5 bar frame.

Brentley said:
Can't wait to see what you do here, i really liked your build last year, the paint was awesome! Did i read "sandblaster"..? I may have to bring a frame up with me if that is your sandblaster... Please! Don't make me sand another frame by hand! I'm begging! So...many..layers...i saw Bondo...and..fiberglass!

Sorry, just a little post traumatic sanding disorder from the Tumbleweed build. I will be following up to see how those cream tires fit up to that 5 bar frame.
I don't have a sandblaster but, I have a friend with a machine shop, I think your spaceliner frame will be alot straighter, now time to go find my parts :wink:

+ SUNDAY BEST +

Gold Street Customs said:
Critter1 said:
Looking forward to this build up. Good luck on the JOB hunt!
Thanks ,and small world you going to Upper Lake HS :shock:
I grew up in that area.. Spent summers in Nice/Lucerne with my grandparents. Swam many a day in the green algae covered shores! Had to finish up high school up there because I was running with the wrong crowd here in Sac.. Best decision I ever made!!

GENESIS 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. My beginning starts with the first pic of progress, I sandblasted the frame yesterday and dug out my parts, that consist of a 36 Elgin frame, Snyder fork, Elgin Skiptooth drivetrain with aircooled hubs, long spring saddle,cream Quick Bricks,Torrington Aluminum Bars, Torrington stem, progress won't get to far until I get my wheels built, but first I have to get the spokes, not sure which light I am using (pictured by springer) or another brass light I have, I also still need a 7 post , I might steal from my Mercury frame :wink:
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

And I forgot to mention these pedals I saved off a 30's exercise bike 8)
005.jpg

Thank you Lord for watching over the buildoff and may the other participants be blessed, in your Holy name we Pray, AMEN !!!

Critter1 said:
Critter1 said:
Looking forward to this build up. Good luck on the JOB hunt!
Thanks ,and small world you going to Upper Lake HS :shock:
I grew up in that area.. Spent summers in Nice/Lucerne with my grandparents. Swam many a day in the green algae covered shores! Had to finish up high school up there because I was running with the wrong crowd here in Sac.. Best decision I ever made!!
I keep trying to tell my Son,its not so bad here, of course he wants to move to the city first chance he gets, But at least its for College.

+ SUNDAY BEST +"The Beginning"

Ya well hind sight is 20/20.. he'll realize it one day :).

Hey that's a GREAT group of parts you have there. I've wanted a springer like that for a while. Can't wait to see the finished bike in person!

Critter1 said:
Ya well hind sight is 20/20.. he'll realize it one day :).

Hey that's a GREAT group of parts you have there. I've wanted a springer like that for a while. Can't wait to see the finished bike in person!
Sounds like we will have to meet for lunch at Cyclefest.

Re: + SUNDAY BEST +"The Beginning"

MplsCoaster said:
With all the parts laid out, I can tell it's going to be one COOL build!! I'll be watching...
I have been waiting along time to build this frame, my main goal is to finish !!! ( and of course beat Youthgeye and Schwinnray 69 :p )

I have been waiting along time to build this frame, my main goal is to finish !!! ( and of course beat Youthgeye and Schwinnray 69 :p )

Seems like you might have 1 attainable goal... finishing.

Watching while M.I.A. in Southeast Asia.

I don't know how I missed this earlier :shock: This is gonna be good 8) 8)

This is shaping up to be a vote getter! I'm jealous of those grips though, right shape and definitely right color for my MiG jet inspired build. Are they new or recycled? Can't wait for the updates.

Brentley said:
This is shaping up to be a vote getter! I'm jealous of those grips though, right shape and definitely right color for my MiG jet inspired build. Are they new or recycled? Can't wait for the updates.
Actually the grips are new, I scored from another member here, of course EBAY has them for around $50.

Nice mock up, like the tires! :wink:

Back