+ SUNDAY BEST SHUT DOWN!Frame swp 7/15

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: + SUNDAY BEST +"The Beginning"

Not much progress today as I am working on the SF Delivery bike but I did find some time to manhandle my truss bars, why ? well some time ago I had to cut the tube on the fork to fit the short headtube of the Elgin, but I never though about the truss rods,So I had to bend them the right contour so bracket will slide over, couldn't get pics today as its Prom night for my son, know how that goes (man I feel old).

Re: + SUNDAY BEST +"The Beginning"

Not much progress as of yet but I did buy some paint, and of course I changed my original paint scheme, I found a beautiful metallic red that will cover most of the bike, with cream scallops. The only delema is what to do with the springer and truss rods, as rechroming is not an option, I was thinking of going cream on the whole thing with red accents. How about some feedback on this ,thank you.

Re: + SUNDAY BEST + Need Feedback !!!! 5/11

Xcruiser said:
You can just stop now and send me that sweet gooseneck!!!you dont need it lol.Is this currently the oldest bike in the buildoff???Love it
I don;t know about the oldest ? Bat Rod is almost a twin too mine .

I was looking fo feedback on painting the springer one color and doing details in the paint such as pinstriping or graffix to match the scallops or just paint the sucker black and see what I can do to clean up the chrome :?:

Gold Street Customs said:
Xcruiser said:
You can just stop now and send me that sweet gooseneck!!!you dont need it lol.Is this currently the oldest bike in the buildoff???Love it
I don;t know about the oldest ? Bat Rod is almost a twin too mine .

Your frame has stops for a drop stand on the dropouts and mine doesn't.That's about the only difference I can see.Will your frame fit 28" tires?I don't know what that means as far as age.There was a bike identical to mine in the "for sale" forum that said it was from the 30's .I still don't know for sure when these bikes were made and haven't done much research.I can't wait to see this bike come together :!: It's gonna be sweet 8) 8)

I found a beautiful metallic red that will cover most of the bike, with cream scallops. The only delema is what to do with the springer and truss rods, as rechroming is not an option, I was thinking of going cream on the whole thing with red accents.
I was looking fo feedback on painting the springer one color and doing details in the paint such as pinstriping or graffix to match the scallops or just paint the sucker black and see what I can do to clean up the chrome :?:

Metallic red with cream sounds very cool. My $.02 is detail the springer with similar color scheme. It has got some great detailed features, shame to lose them in flat black. Maybe match the spring on the springer to your springs on your seat (maybe?) Whatever you do, will be what you like, and that's the most important thing :D

I am somewhat caught up with projects to deter my progress, went to my sisters house last night and viewed the leather work for the seat, she just has to die it still, the parts I still need include spokes ( that would be a big one) so I can get to lacing, also need to find some cups for the head tube, I have a couple more surprises in the works as $$ allows, hopefully get some seat picks soon :wink:

Re: + SUNDAY BEST + no REAL progress 5/19

Finally !!! Some progress, Rom 15:5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ ....., This is mild compared to some of the other builds going on, but it is what it is. So here's the start on the seat still needs to be dyed and clearcoated .
001-38.jpg

Re: + SUNDAY BEST + Leatherwork 5/24

Nice work, and passage :!:

Re: + SUNDAY BEST + Leatherwork 5/24

Now that is slick!!!!!

Re: + SUNDAY BEST + Seat Done 5/26

That's what you call a SWEET seat!! 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back