+ SUNDAY BEST SHUT DOWN!Frame swp 7/15

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: + SUNDAY BEST + Finally got a mockup 6/3

kingfish254 said:
Gold Street Customs said:
Busy, busy,busy, that's all I can say, had a problem with my tank plans getting lost in the mail, finally got it back so I can get them to
Sensor who will be fabbing my tank, ....

Hey, I didn't know we could get other people to do our work!!! I'm gonna have to try that! :p

I worked out the details of how to get that front springer to work properly. Check out my build thread on the bottom of page 5.
Sensor is not a person,he's a craftsman, the man has skillz, I will check your springer....

kingfish254 said:
Busy, busy,busy, that's all I can say, had a problem with my tank plans getting lost in the mail, finally got it back so I can get them to
Sensor who will be fabbing my tank, ....

Hey, I didn't know we could get other people to do our work!!! I'm gonna have to try that! :p

I worked out the details of how to get that front springer to work properly. Check out my build thread on the bottom of page 5.
Sensor is not a person,he's a craftsman, the man has skillz, I will check your springer....

Oh, in that case, I think I'll just get Rick at OCC to make me a tank and have Nubs paint it. :p :mrgreen:

Actually, my springer spacer is on Page 55 of my build thread.

kingfish254 said:

kingfish254 said:
Oh, in that case, I think I'll just get Rick at OCC to make me a tank and have Nubs paint it. :p :mrgreen:

_DSC6464.jpg

_DSC6489.jpg

_DSC6468.jpg

Recognize that bike?
Those bars were made by some other than the bike builder!(Dont believe me? Read the build thread youll find it quite easily!) As well as the stripes done by 3 other people.....but I guess that doesnt count since it was a bolt on part? Ohhh...wait...so is a tank :roll:
How many people had wheels laced up at shop? I guess those shouldnt count either....If it counts at all he asked about having this done i think 2(?) years ago(before he got hit by a scum bag former employer) so its not like its just for the build off. If you want i think i may have the original pm to clarify.... :shock:

I am just trying to get this bike built, and I have a vision of what I want done, whether it fits in the timing of the buildoff or not, as far as building my own tank, I am sure I could come up with something, but I want what I want and sometimes you have to outsource.
As far as why it is taking so long for the wheels, I have to measure for the size and each spoke I will make myself on the machine at work, when I have time.
I have been real tempted to do a frame swap and rename the bike BUNNY KILLER!!!!! :lol:

Whoa, back off Elmer Fudd!
I thought we were just exchanging a little ribbing back and forth.
I really don't care what person or "craftsman" you get to do any work for you.
The main point is to just have fun in this build off.
Sorry if my jokes got under your skin.

Sensor, See my post above. I was just exchanging some ribbing with Gold.
It doesn't matter to me what work you do for him.
Chill out boys!

Its all good, I don't have skin, its all a hairy forest,
018-3.jpg
seriously I really am trying to have fun, I just need less life to get out of the way of my fun, and I thought Bunny Killer was funny, especially when I have farm impliments on tap...

It's all cool. The Elmer Fudd was in reference to Wabbit Killer.

Elmer had hair.

bugs_bunny_and_elmer_fudd_2_poster-r3a4bcd7174ae44868a84f5d940e8e70a_wvs_400.jpg

and he was also a Wabbit Killer

484702.jpg

Started working on the chainguard last night, trying to straighten it out best I could, primered it let it dry overnight, then started to throw a little paint on it, then masked it off for graffix..
001-48.jpg

it was all fine and dandy till FAIL!!!!! the paint pealed up with tape, so with time running short......what does one do ?????
002-48.jpg

what else!!! frame swap :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: why you ask ,well basicly this bike has been a stress factor, trying to get all the pieces I want to finish it right and money isn't flowing well right now,So I have a Hawthorne frame that has been knawing at me to build so , since all I need is elbow grease and tubes and a chain, here's my new frame and name....~STRESS FREE~
004-36.jpg

003-48.jpg

Latest posts

Back